• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How do I get rid of Shellex.DLL ?

romakabi

Question

15 answers to this question

Good luck. I hope that it goes smoothly this time. Make sure that you don't have internet security, pop up blockers, or virus protection running when you install.

Oh boy! Now my soundcard is not working. I tried uninstall/install but no luck. I just get a box with error code #10. Any suggestions? Thanks, Roman

Oh boy! Now my soundcard is not working. I tried uninstall/install but no luck. I just get a box with error code #10. Any suggestions? Thanks, Roman

Try either removing the device in device manager and rebooting and reinstalling the drivers for the sound card. Sounds like it might be a shared dll that was removed.

List your system specs. You have some other issues going on that you need to find and take care of.

Somehow I knew this question was coming so forgive me if I leave something out or describe something incorrectly. I will try copying your system spec. order. Here it goes:

1.5 Ghz Pent 4 CPU

from the Motherboard installation CD - SIS Chipset Motherboard Utilities CD TUCD Ver. 2.43

512 DDR Ram

Sony DVD RW DRU700A

Sony DVD RW DRU810A

LG CD-RW CED-8120B

C-Media AC97 Audio Device

Windows XP Pro Ver. 2002 w/SP2

That's about it. Do you need more info? Thanks.

Somehow I knew this question was coming so forgive me if I leave something out or describe something incorrectly. I will try copying your system spec. order. Here it goes:

1.5 Ghz Pent 4 CPU

from the Motherboard installation CD - SIS Chipset Motherboard Utilities CD TUCD Ver. 2.43

512 DDR Ram

Sony DVD RW DRU700A

Sony DVD RW DRU810A

LG CD-RW CED-8120B

C-Media AC97 Audio Device

Windows XP Pro Ver. 2002 w/SP2

That's about it. Do you need more info? Thanks.

You are on the extreme low end of the requirements to do anything except burn a data CD or DVD, if you get it to install properly. Your video card is an onboard chipset, and it is doubtful that it can use the parts of DirectX 9.0c that the program requires. You could see if your motherboard will allow you to upgrade to a hardware video card.

You are on the extreme low end of the requirements to do anything except burn a data CD or DVD, if you get it to install properly. Your video card is an onboard chipset, and it is doubtful that it can use the parts of DirectX 9.0c that the program requires. You could see if your motherboard will allow you to upgrade to a hardware video card.

Sorry grandpabruce, I don't understand your answer very well as I have been burning DVDs and CDRs with no apparent problems until EMC 7.5 was uninstalled then reinstalled. Now the only complaint I have which I thought was normal, is when burning a movie from my hard drive, I would burn overnight because of the length of time the burn would take. I have very few programs in my pc and am satisfied with the performance I am getting but would not be disappointed if adding a hardware vido card will improve my pcs performance.

Sorry grandpabruce, I don't understand your answer very well as I have been burning DVDs and CDRs with no apparent problems until EMC 7.5 was uninstalled then reinstalled. Now the only complaint I have which I thought was normal, is when burning a movie from my hard drive, I would burn overnight because of the length of time the burn would take. I have very few programs in my pc and am satisfied with the performance I am getting but would not be disappointed if adding a hardware vido card will improve my pcs performance.

I have been deleting my audio device before shutting down the computer hoping that on startup it would somehow install through the existing registry properly, but at the end of "found new hardware" another box would show up telling me that the device did not install properly and the wizard would ask for the installation CD. So I re-read all your suggestions and Paul came up with the re booting which I had tried several times not thinking that the audio device was installed on the motherboard for which I had the installation CD. I followed the wizard's instructions and placed the motherboard's CD in the tray where it automatically searched and installed all missing files for the audio device. I flipped when the wizard finished and claimed the installation was successful and the device was installed and working. I tested and it is working!!! I will post one last time on this same thread on how it goes for the reinstallation of EMC 7.5. Thanks for all the help and suggestions from everyone on this forum. Roman

Roxio 7.5 would not uninstall so I deleted it manually. But file shellex.dll can't be deleted and prevents me from reinstalling. What can I do now?

Try using the Microsoft Cleanup Utility to get rid of all Roxio and Sonic files on your computer, reboot, then try to reinstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

Try using the Microsoft Cleanup Utility to get rid of all Roxio and Sonic files on your computer, reboot, then try to reinstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

Mission Impossible. Been there done that. I have the same question posted to Tech Support but I get 1 answer per day and have been at this for a week already, between reading all previous posts in the forum and attempting each suggestion one at a time including going into the registry and deleting files ugh!... Any other suggestions??? Thanks in advance. Roman

Mission Impossible. Been there done that. I have the same question posted to Tech Support but I get 1 answer per day and have been at this for a week already, between reading all previous posts in the forum and attempting each suggestion one at a time including going into the registry and deleting files ugh!... Any other suggestions??? Thanks in advance. Roman

TryUnlocker.

In addition to what Paul suggested, make sure that you get rid of any viruses, malware, and adware that you have on your computer.

Also make sure that your computer far exceeds the minimum specifications for the program.

Roxio 7.5 would not uninstall so I deleted it manually. But file shellex.dll can't be deleted and prevents me from reinstalling. What can I do now?

My copy of shellex.dll resides in the Direct2Disc folder so I imagine it's being locked up by Direct2Disc.

Try starting in Safe Mode and then delete the file. To start in Safe Mode for WinXP - reboot computer, as it is booting up tap the F8 key repeatedly. You'll be presented with a text screen with several boot options, select Safe Mode. The Safe Mode screen looks odd, but don't freak - it's OK.

Lance

My copy of shellex.dll resides in the Direct2Disc folder so I imagine it's being locked up by Direct2Disc.

Try starting in Safe Mode and then delete the file. To start in Safe Mode for WinXP - reboot computer, as it is booting up tap the F8 key repeatedly. You'll be presented with a text screen with several boot options, select Safe Mode. The Safe Mode screen looks odd, but don't freak - it's OK.

Lance

Thanks to all who responded. Paul I tried the unlocker and poof! it deleted what was left of the Roxio file along with the shellex.dll. Lance I had tried deleting the file in "safe mode" a couple of times but I couldn't get shellex.dll to disappear. Thanks for your suggestions too grandpabruce. Like I mentioned in my thread, I've been reading previous suggestions and trying each one at a time. Paul's unlocker seems to have done the trick. Tomorrow I will attempt to reinstall EMC 7.5 from disc and hope it works out ok. Again thanks to all for your help and I'll post tomorrow on my results. Roman

Thanks to all who responded. Paul I tried the unlocker and poof! it deleted what was left of the Roxio file along with the shellex.dll. Lance I had tried deleting the file in "safe mode" a couple of times but I couldn't get shellex.dll to disappear. Thanks for your suggestions too grandpabruce. Like I mentioned in my thread, I've been reading previous suggestions and trying each one at a time. Paul's unlocker seems to have done the trick. Tomorrow I will attempt to reinstall EMC 7.5 from disc and hope it works out ok. Again thanks to all for your help and I'll post tomorrow on my results. Roman

Good luck. I hope that it goes smoothly this time. Make sure that you don't have internet security, pop up blockers, or virus protection running when you install.

Archived