• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I'm having the same exact problem.

smokie

Question

Can anyone help me?? I installed software on my laptop which has a Realtek HD device. I have checked, checked and rechecked my cables and usb connections but can not get audio in. The first window allows me to highlight the usb2861 device, the second window says "line" only. It allows me to record but there is no sound. After hours of messing with this, I am truly frustrated and would appreciate any help out there.

I'm having the same exact problem.

I no longer have any problem ... as I said in my last post.

It all works as advertised. I can now capture video and audio from a home made VHS.

What I cannot do is capture audio and video from a commercially produced VHS which has "copy protect" features. And that is as it should be.

My only remaining gripe is with myself for not doing enough homework prior to purchasing Easy VHS to DVD. Had I known that I could not capture commercially produced VHS, I never would have bought it.

Ihave Creater 09 and I installed the Vhs to DVD. It installed just fine, but I'm not getting any audio. I did install the SP. Do I need to unistall Creator 9?

Ihave Creater 09 and I installed the Vhs to DVD. It installed just fine, but I'm not getting any audio. I did install the SP. Do I need to unistall Creator 9?

There is no such program as Creator 09 - there is EMC 9 and Creator 2009. Which do you have? What SP did you install. Apparently you cannot have Creator 2009 and VHS to DVD installed at the same time.

There is no such program as Creator 09 - there is EMC 9 and Creator 2009. Which do you have? What SP did you install. Apparently you cannot have Creator 2009 and VHS to DVD installed at the same time.

The properties are 9.0roxio central/33/main/roxie_central/33/exe

Roxio Creator Home

Is this the same as the Roxio Creator 2009?

Your "me too" post contains no information with which to help you. At the least you could tell us what software you are using, what you have done so far, your system specs...

HI

I did't realize I had Creator 9. I don't know much about computers. I unistalled Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and tried to Iall the www.roxio.com/go/videousb and I keep getting a win zip ad.

Please Help!

HI

I did't realize I had Creator 9. I don't know much about computers. I unistalled Roxio Easy VHS to DVD and tried to Iall the www.roxio.com/go/videousb and I keep getting a win zip ad.

Please Help!

[/quot

That's Roxio Creator 9.

it would be helpful if you can read tewatoo's thread then post the steps that you have tried.

Should I try to download the service pack

I origially installed the software using the disk that came with it.

I did get the (usb 2861 device) and input When I tried to copy the tape the meter did move on my player but no sound. I did notice I never saw a 3 before the USB in the capture from. The drop down from my instruction book says it should be (3-usb 2861 Device)

At This point I unistalled the software and hoping to start from the beginning.

I just tried downloading the new driver and I keep getting an ad for win zip

Edited by smokie

Should I try to download the service pack

I origially installed the software using the disk that came with it.

I did get the (usb 2861 device) and input When I tried to copy the tape the meter did move on my player but no sound. I did notice I never saw a 3 before the USB in the capture from. The drop down from my instruction book says it should be (3-usb 2861 Device)

At This point I unistalled the software and hoping to start from the beginning.

I just tried downloading the new driver and I keep getting an ad for win zip

Is Roxio easy media creator 9 the same program that vhs to dvd is not compatible with?

Can you help me?

You need to spell out your problem instead of waving your hand and saying me too

We also need to know what your system is and what Roxio software you have installed.

It will go a lot faster if you stop asking questions and start providing answers :lol:

We are just other users like yourself, this is not Tech Support.

You need to spell out your problem instead of waving your hand and saying me too

We also need to know what your system is and what Roxio software you have installed.

It will go a lot faster if you stop asking questions and start providing answers :lol:

We are just other users like yourself, this is not Tech Support.

My operating system is windows xp,Easy Media Creator 9 is installed on the computer.I installed Roxio VHS to DVD. I used the installation dvd. I downloaded the service pack.

Capture from is showing USB 2861 Device and Input is showing Line.

Whats happening is its not picking up my input music.

I have the recording level up and pick auto. then pick record and it records but no music is heard.

I have check all my connections and they are fine.

You say it records but nothing is heard.

Does this mean you record and when you play back the recording you hear nothing?

Or does it mean you are recording,see the meters moving yet you hear nothing while you record?

If it's the later that is a function of your sound card.

If it's the former than that's a software/hardware issue.

You say it records but nothing is heard.

Does this mean you record and when you play back the recording you hear nothing?

Or does it mean you are recording,see the meters moving yet you hear nothing while you record?

If it's the later that is a function of your sound card.

If it's the former than that's a software/hardware issue.

I'm trying to record, the meters do not move, and nothing is heard.

If you unplug the USB Device and replug it in, does the windows found new hardware wizard launch?

cd

No it doesn't. I did notice that when its switch in capture from to Soundmax Digital audio the meters are moving

Edited by smokie

No it doesn't. I did notice that when its switch in capture from to Soundmax Digital audio the meters are moving

I removed the extension ports and I did get new hardware. I have Capture from but nothing in the Input

Have you downloaded the service pack, posted at the top of this forum?

Have you unzipped it and installed it? Do you know what a zip file is and how to unzip it?

cd

I did download the service pack.

No I don't know what a zip file is and how to unzip it?

I removed the extension ports and I did get new hardware. I have Capture from but nothing in the Input

smokie,

this has been a big part of you not getting help, you answer this first,

then this,

Now explain to us what extension ports are and what and how that involved the Roxio USB Capture Device?

I did download the service pack.

No I don't know what a zip file is and how to unzip it?

At the top of this forum the pinned post about downloading the service pack it says,

" Edit Update Information - Users need to apply Easy VHS to DVD Service Pack update in order to capture audio only"

Do you understand what that means?

cd

Edited by cdanteek

smokie,

this has been a big part of you not getting help, you answer this first,

then this,

Now explain to us what extension ports are and what and how that involved the Roxio USB Capture Device?

At the top of this forum the pinned post about downloading the service pack it says,

" Edit Update Information - Users need to apply Easy VHS to DVD Service Pack update in order to capture audio only"

Do you understand what that means?

cd

The package I bought came with an extension cord. I disconnected it, and plugged the Videocapture usb device into my computer.

I did download the service pack. When I tried it again the computer said the software is up to date.