• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Program Error

carmelita

Question

Please help I am new at computers.I got a new vista basic in jan.of 2008 and had roxio my dvd basic v9 & creater basic included in my computer.It worked very well untill Oct.2008 then it gave me a message saying"certificate fille missing or corrupted"please re-install"

I can't reinstall because I don't have a product no. what can I do?

5 answers to this question

Please help I am new at computers.I got a new vista basic in jan.of 2008 and had roxio my dvd basic v9 & creater basic included in my computer.It worked very well untill Oct.2008 then it gave me a message saying"certificate fille missing or corrupted"please re-install"

thank you

I bought the computer from" computers for u" i tried calling them but they went out of business is there anything else I can do.

carmelita

If I upgrade will I have to remove the old one from my computer.And is it better to buy with a cd or download it from computer.

I'd dump the Basic 9, then install Creator 2009. If you have high speed broadband, then you can download it and burn the download to a DVD for safe keeping, then install the software.

Contact Dell, or whoever you got the computer from, and see if they will send you the disc.

What you have is a stripped down OEM version of the software.

Archived