• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd Menu Thumbnails

Nadine H

Question

I apologize, but I'm not real sure which forum I should be in to request help with my issue.

I am using EMC 9. I have a project of old home movies and slides that I transferred to VHS some years ago. I have successfully captured the images and created the production with VideoWave. With MyDVD I have created the menus and am nearly ready to burn the DVD. I have 29 chapters, and on about a third of them, I am unable to change the thumbnails that appear in the menus. I go through the motions, there are no errors, but the thumbnail just doesn't change. It worked fine on about two-thirds of them. I am also having some difficulty changing the style of the button. I do the drag-and-drop thing and I just get the circle with the line through it that says I can't do that.

Has anyone else had these same problems? Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix them?

I will appreciate any and all help. And please let me know if there is a different forum I should be using.

TIA

Nadine

7 answers to this question

I apologize, but I'm not real sure which forum I should be in to request help with my issue.

I am using EMC 9. I have a project of old home movies and slides that I transferred to VHS some years ago. I have successfully captured the images and created the production with VideoWave. With MyDVD I have created the menus and am nearly ready to burn the DVD. I have 29 chapters, and on about a third of them, I am unable to change the thumbnails that appear in the menus. I go through the motions, there are no errors, but the thumbnail just doesn't change. It worked fine on about two-thirds of them. I am also having some difficulty changing the style of the button. I do the drag-and-drop thing and I just get the circle with the line through it that says I can't do that.

Has anyone else had these same problems? Can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix them?

I will appreciate any and all help. And please let me know if there is a different forum I should be using.

TIA

Nadine

Nadine, do you have 29 chapters (in one movie) or do you have 29 movies? How much total time do you want to put on a DVD - single sided or double sided.

What are you seeing when you change the thumbnals? A blank screen or ...

Are you using a motion menu? Did you preview the menu to see if the thumbnails change?

How did you go about creating the chapters?

With the movie selected in the project panel on the left side of the screen, "edit chapters" from the task menu. Manually selected where each chapter should begin.

BTW, since I first asked the questions, I downloaded and installed Creator 2009. When I opened the project created in EMC 9 with Creator 2009, the same issue was present. The program crashed and corrupted the project file, so I had to start all over from the VideoWave production and recreate the chapters. I've used the same process as before. The same issues persist. After the crash I uninstalled both EMC 9 and Creator 2009, and re-installed Creator 2009.

Again, thank you for working with me on this.

Nadine

With the movie selected in the project panel on the left side of the screen, "edit chapters" from the task menu. Manually selected where each chapter should begin.

BTW, since I first asked the questions, I downloaded and installed Creator 2009. When I opened the project created in EMC 9 with Creator 2009, the same issue was present. The program crashed and corrupted the project file, so I had to start all over from the VideoWave production and recreate the chapters. I've used the same process as before. The same issues persist. After the crash I uninstalled both EMC 9 and Creator 2009, and re-installed Creator 2009.

Again, thank you for working with me on this.

Nadine

Unfortunately projects from previous version cannot be used in new version (many of us have complained about this) except for a few minor situations.

Are you now working in C2009 all the time? Do all the chapters show up correctly in the "chapter window" (not on the menu pages) after you have created the chapters?

Nadine, do you have 29 chapters (in one movie) or do you have 29 movies? How much total time do you want to put on a DVD - single sided or double sided.

What are you seeing when you change the thumbnals? A blank screen or ...

Are you using a motion menu? Did you preview the menu to see if the thumbnails change?

I have one VideoWave production created from various captured video clips. 29 chapters in the entire production. It is about 1 hour 20 minutes or so. DVD-R, single layer. It appears that it will fit in Standard Play mode, including the music I have added.

The thumbnails defaulted to the first frame of the chapter, which for me are "title shot" panels that I created between many of the video clips. Those thumbnails persist even though I have gone through the efforts to change them by "select thumbnail."

I am not using motion menus. I did preview the menu and the thumbnails have not changed.

I appreciate your effort to help me with this. Thank you.

Nadine

I have one VideoWave production created from various captured video clips. 29 chapters in the entire production. It is about 1 hour 20 minutes or so. DVD-R, single layer. It appears that it will fit in Standard Play mode, including the music I have added.

The thumbnails defaulted to the first frame of the chapter, which for me are "title shot" panels that I created between many of the video clips. Those thumbnails persist even though I have gone through the efforts to change them by "select thumbnail."

I am not using motion menus. I did preview the menu and the thumbnails have not changed.

I appreciate your effort to help me with this. Thank you.

Nadine

How did you go about creating the chapters?

Unfortunately projects from previous version cannot be used in new version (many of us have complained about this) except for a few minor situations.

Are you now working in C2009 all the time? Do all the chapters show up correctly in the "chapter window" (not on the menu pages) after you have created the chapters?

Yes, I am now working in C2009. EMC9 has been uninstalled. When the C2009 crashed and corrupted the MyDVD file, I had to recreate it. I have successfully brought in the VideoWave production from EMC9 as the "movie" into MyDVD. The I manually set all the chapter points again. For this production, I decided to just go with a menu style that doesn't use the thumbnails. But until I changed the menu style, I was still having the issue of not being able to change the thumbnails in the chapter menus.

Yes, the chapter were all showing correctly in the "chapter window."

The current project is not exactly as I want it to be, but it is acceptable. When I tried to create a submenu, it set it up with a second "home" menu instead of a chapter menu. And somehow I have two buttons that are linked to the same place and I can't unlink or delete either one of them without deleting the movie. Very strange. So, my navigation buttons in the menus are a little wierd.

My next project will all be created with C2009. I will just have to see how it will work with menus and chapters.

As always, thank you so much

Nadine

Yes, I am now working in C2009. EMC9 has been uninstalled. When the C2009 crashed and corrupted the MyDVD file, I had to recreate it. I have successfully brought in the VideoWave production from EMC9 as the "movie" into MyDVD. The I manually set all the chapter points again. For this production, I decided to just go with a menu style that doesn't use the thumbnails. But until I changed the menu style, I was still having the issue of not being able to change the thumbnails in the chapter menus.

Yes, the chapter were all showing correctly in the "chapter window."

The current project is not exactly as I want it to be, but it is acceptable. When I tried to create a submenu, it set it up with a second "home" menu instead of a chapter menu. And somehow I have two buttons that are linked to the same place and I can't unlink or delete either one of them without deleting the movie. Very strange. So, my navigation buttons in the menus are a little wierd.

My next project will all be created with C2009. I will just have to see how it will work with menus and chapters.

As always, thank you so much

Nadine

Using the dmsm project file from EMC 9 in C2009 will most likely not work depending on the edits, effects you used in EMC 9.

You cannot have a 2nd Home menu in a project. I don't understand what you are trying to do there. If you have only one movie in your project you have one Home page (one Title on the home (main menu) page). Chapter pages are created automatically when you select create chapters.

Archived