• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Upgrade CD key problems

lkrupp

Question

1. I am a registered owner of both Toast 7 and Popcorn 1.

2. I have both Toast 7 and Popcorn 1 installed on my computer.

3. Purchased the Popcorn 2 ESD upgrade.

4. Downloaded the upgrade, unzipped, mounted .dmg.

5. Per instructions, dragged the Popcorn app to the Applications folder.

6. Launched Popcorn 2

7. Got to the screen requesting me to enter the CD key.

8. Neither my Popcorn 1 or Toast 7 CD key will work. I can't continue.

Something is amuck. What did I or didn't I do right?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

12 answers to this question

The Popcorn 2 upgrade checks for installed copies of Toast 7 or Popcorn 1 when you first launch it. If it doesn't find them, it will ask you for your Toast 7 or Popcorn 1 key.

After you successfully enter those, it will ask you for a Popcorn 2 key. (If it finds Toast 7 or Popcorn 1 installed, it will just ask you for a Popcorn 2 key)

The Popcorn 2 key should be sent to you by email.

Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for an email from roxio, or element5 or digitalriver... I think those are the download stores that Roxio uses.

I'm having a problem too. I have Toast 7 installed and just bought the Popcorn 2 upgrade. When I launch Popcorn it prompts me for a CD key. My Toast 7 key doesn't work. The email I got with my Popcorn receipt did not contain a key. I have checked my spam folder and no emails are in there related to the purchase or registration.

I'm having a problem too. I have Toast 7 installed and just bought the Popcorn 2 upgrade. When I launch Popcorn it prompts me for a CD key. My Toast 7 key doesn't work. The email I got with my Popcorn receipt did not contain a key. I have checked my spam folder and no emails are in there related to the purchase or registration.

Well I spent a while browsing the so called 'support' pages and trying to call a support team, and got the runaround, with one customer support rep telling me to call a number who were telling me to call the other number. Tried to log a web ticket, but what do you do when you need to enter a code displayed on the page when there is no code displayed? Nobody seemed to be able to get me in contact with anyone who could help, so I've requested a refund.

I'm also a Toast 7/Popcorn 1 user who just purchased Popcorn 2.

If your experience is like mine, you should receive two e-mails, both from "Order Information - element 5 (notification-eng@element5.com)"

The first e-mail ("element 5 - payment details") is just a receipt. But the second e-mail, entitled "Download Link and License Information" contains the CD Key.

It's a little difficult to find. Look under Section B. "B. Details for product delivery. . . " Under that is Section 1 "License Information". It isn't specifically identified as "CD Key" but you should see a string of alphanumeric characters at the bottom of that section of the e-mail. That's what you need to enter when asked for the Popcorn 2 product key.

Hope this helps.

I'm also a Toast 7/Popcorn 1 user who just purchased Popcorn 2.

If your experience is like mine, you should receive two e-mails, both from "Order Information - element 5 (notification-eng@element5.com)"

The first e-mail ("element 5 - payment details") is just a receipt. But the second e-mail, entitled "Download Link and License Information" contains the CD Key.

It's a little difficult to find. Look under Section B. "B. Details for product delivery. . . " Under that is Section 1 "License Information". It isn't specifically identified as "CD Key" but you should see a string of alphanumeric characters at the bottom of that section of the e-mail. That's what you need to enter when asked for the Popcorn 2 product key.

Hope this helps.

Mine came from DigitalRiver. The email contained this section...

Product SKU: 225300DIR

Product Name: Popcorn 2 - ESD - Upgrade Only

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $29.99

Serial Number / CD-Key:

SubTotal: $29.99

Shipping: $0.00

Tax: $0.00

Total: $29.99

As you can see, no key included. No second email arrived either.

As per your admin post, I just emailed [removed] and my email bounced back

E-mail address has been updated, I've received your e-mail and replied.

Something is amuck. What did I or didn't I do right?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please check your e-mail, thank you.

Thanks for all your help and advice, everyone. It turns out there was a problem with the system and some Popcorn 2 ESD upgrades were sent without CD-Keys. I called Roxio customer service, was informed of the problem, received an email from a Roxio employee who provided me with my CD-Key. All is well in Popcorn land.

The Popcorn 2 upgrade checks for installed copies of Toast 7 or Popcorn 1 when you first launch it. If it doesn't find them, it will ask you for your Toast 7 or Popcorn 1 key.

After you successfully enter those, it will ask you for a Popcorn 2 key. (If it finds Toast 7 or Popcorn 1 installed, it will just ask you for a Popcorn 2 key)

The Popcorn 2 key should be sent to you by email.

Check your junk mail folder or spam filter for an email from roxio, or element5 or digitalriver... I think those are the download stores that Roxio uses.

Archived