• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Use Of Animated Gif

JimNTn

Question

7 answers to this question

In using Creator 2009 is it possible to place an animated gif in a pane of the production and have it actually move

as it is designed to do?

I'm not sure I am asking this question in the right forum.

Jim

Animated gifs aren't supported in any of the Roxio suites. Take that gif file into Windows Movie Maker, and save it as an .avi file. You can then use it in VideoWave, in the Roxio suite.

Animated gifs aren't supported in any of the Roxio suites. Take that gif file into Windows Movie Maker, and save it as an .avi file. You can then use it in VideoWave, in the Roxio suite.

Thanks for your suggestion. But, I guess I am just dense! I imported the Gif file into Windows Movie Maker but can find no way

to save it as an .avi file. The only option I can locate is to save "Project As" with the file extension MSWMM. What am I missing?

The Gif is actually animated in WMM though.

Since you seem to be very computer & graphics knowledgeable perhaps I could ask another question.

When an animated gif is viewed in windows explorer with view set to film strip the gif plays on a continuous loop. While in WMM it

will only play for the time specified under duration in the properties. Is there a way to adjust that duration to coincide with frame

in a VW production. I am using Roxio Creator 2009.

I am doing a movie using Christmas photos and wanted to jazz it up with some neat gifs I have.

Thanks again:

Jim

Thanks for your suggestion. But, I guess I am just dense! I imported the Gif file into Windows Movie Maker but can find no way

to save it as an .avi file. The only option I can locate is to save "Project As" with the file extension MSWMM. What am I missing?

Since you seem to be very computer & graphics knowledgeable perhaps I could ask another question.

When an animated gif is viewed in windows explorer with view set to film strip the gif plays on a continuous loop. While in WMM it

will only play for the time specified under duration in the properties. Is there a way to adjust that duration to coincide with frame

I am doing a movie using Christmas photos and wanted to jazz it up with some neat gifs I have.

Thanks again:

Jim

You don't use the "Save Project As..." menu option

Use the "Save Movie File..." menu option

Thanks again:

Jim

In WMM "Project Save as" does not create a video file but only save the editing instruction, list of resources, etc. To create a video file you select "Save to my Computer" under the "Finish Movie" option. Then proceed using Next until you get to Movie Settings: select Other Setting and then DV-AVI four output.

As to the second question, I don't under stand what you want there.

Thanks again:

Jim

I don't think animated gifs will loop in VW. Try adding it several times, or copying and pasting it, to match the duration you want.

In WMM "Project Save as" does not create a video file but only save the editing instruction, list of resources, etc. To create a video file you select "Save to my Computer" under the "Finish Movie" option. Then proceed using Next until you get to Movie Settings: select Other Setting and then DV-AVI four output.

As to the second question, I don't under stand what you want there.

Your instruction to save as an .avi file lead me to the solution I wanted.

I wanted an animated gif to play for the length of time set for other panels in the production. I.E. 3,4,5 seconds or whatever. At least

long enough for the viewer to see the movement. The problem was when the gif was saved (without modification) as an .avi file it would only play for 1/100 of a second, just a flash on the screen.

My solution was to use a program I have (Photo Impact) and modify the gif by duplicating frames and increasing time on each to achieve the desired time of display.

Thanks for the suggestions and pointing me in the right direction.

Oh and Photo Impact allows me to save gif as an .avi.

Your instruction to save as an .avi file lead me to the solution I wanted.

I wanted an animated gif to play for the length of time set for other panels in the production. I.E. 3,4,5 seconds or whatever. At least

long enough for the viewer to see the movement. The problem was when the gif was saved (without modification) as an .avi file it would only play for 1/100 of a second, just a flash on the screen.

My solution was to use a program I have (Photo Impact) and modify the gif by duplicating frames and increasing time on each to achieve the desired time of display.

Thanks for the suggestions and pointing me in the right direction.

Oh and Photo Impact allows me to save gif as an .avi.

You're welcome. I am glad that you found a better solution.

Archived