• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Big Problem, Please Help......

SONshines

Question

HI!

I am new here and I have a huge problem! I recently purchased a computer that already had "Roxio" installed. After a couple of cues to update, I clicked yes. After I did, the problem began.

First, let me say all of this DVD/CD making is very new to me. :blink:

What is happening is I have a message on the screen that WILL NOT close out. Even when I reboot, it's still there.

It reads," The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click to try again, or use an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "UM.MSI" in the box below.

But it won't accept that, thus nothing happens.

The second message that won't go away says," Please wait while windows configures Roxio Update Manager." However, it's been sitting on my screen all day!

How do I fix this?

I can't install other programs until this is resolved.

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

A Roxio Creator DE. (Sorry about posting in the wrong area).

Would it be Roxio Creator 9.0 DE or Roxio Creator DE 10.2, or some other version. be specific, as their are many different version out there.

It says it's 9.0

You have a OEM version of Roxio (Original Equipment Manufacturer) the software is customized to the specifications of the manufacturer (in your case Dell).

Do you have a installation disc for your version, if not contact Dell.

OK, I have located the disc. The other discs I have all said "All ready installed." However, with the Roxio Creator 9.0 DE, it is still enclosed. So, do I install this now? Do I have to uninstall the other Roxio? Or is this just the updated disc? Thank you so much for helping me.

Archived