Compatability problem solved

dpdugan1

Question

Several weeks ago I posted a message that I was having trouble getting one of my DVD players to play some DVDs that I burned with Roxio 8, while those that were burned with v.7.5 played fine. I had been burning from image files. I found that, under the burning options tab, the option to allow further burning to the DVD was selected by default, so the disc was never finalized. When I selected not to allow this option (which effectively finalized the disc), I was able to play the discs on my DVD player with no problems.

Since the option is selected by default, I thought that some of you with compatibility problems with DVDs burned from image files might find this information useful.

Dan Dugan

1 answer to this question

Several weeks ago I posted a message that I was having trouble getting one of my DVD players to play some DVDs that I burned with Roxio 8, while those that were burned with v.7.5 played fine. I had been burning from image files. I found that, under the burning options tab, the option to allow further burning to the DVD was selected by default, so the disc was never finalized. When I selected not to allow this option (which effectively finalized the disc), I was able to play the discs on my DVD player with no problems.

Since the option is selected by default, I thought that some of you with compatibility problems with DVDs burned from image files might find this information useful.

Dan Dugan

Were you using Creator Classic to burn your ISO files to disc? You might have an easier time using Disc Copier.

Archived