• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayer 5.0 Loops The Title

Bill599

Question

Build a 20 slideshow using the Assistant and MyDVD in order as Creator 2009 directs you.

Installed sound and burned the DVD. Pulled the DVD and tried it on the TV. No problem. Title page, click the Enter key on remote and plays the Slideshow. Brought the DVD back to the computer and inserted it in the DVD player and brought up the Windows player and the same story, It worked fine.

Brought up the Cineplayer and hit the play key and up comes the Title page with sound and it continously loops. There is no way to get out. Mouse click the title page Icon it doesn't react. I've tried about every button on the player. All I accomplish is locking up the Clineplayer and having to End the Program with Task Manager.

Bill599

3 answers to this question

It could be the old video card that you have (as per your other thread), causing the problems.

Are you, by chance, using a wireless mouse? They have been known to cause problems with Cineplayer.

The system is:

DELL Dimension 8200

Pentium 4 1.8 GHz

512 Meg Memory

DELL Keyboard SK8100

Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0A USB

80 GB Harddrive internal

Pioneer DVR-X152 CD/DVD external USB

MAXTOR 320 GB Hard Drive external USB

Video Card is NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX

Did have some lockup problems untill I got the latest driver installed. The video seems to operate well now.

There is no problem viewing the Title page and playing the music. It just doesn't want to take the command to play the program.

I understand the the window player may not use the same codec as the Cineplayer but the windows player plays back the entire Title page, click on the icon and the slideshow plays correctly to the finish.

Seems strange that I made the DVD using the Roxio and it installed the title page and burned the entire DVD yet the Cineplayer won't play it's own disk. The fast forward, rewind, go to beginning and go to the end do not work. Just pause, play, Stop

By the way a commerical DVD does the same thing in the Cineplayer. I put on a Disney DVD and it played the entire list of previews, which is quite a few minutes of video that plays well, and then the Title page to select the program and it just loops and will not take a command to play the movie. Use the same Drive and the Windows player and it plays the move when you click the play icon it plays the movie very well.

It seems to me that if the video card didn't work you wouldn't be able to use it with the windows player nor would it work to play all the previews and the title page on the Cineplayer. I would hate to upgrade just in case.

Of course a nice digital flat screen and a new top of the line video would be great.

Bill

The system is:

DELL Dimension 8200

Pentium 4 1.8 GHz

512 Meg Memory

DELL Keyboard SK8100

Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0A USB

80 GB Harddrive internal

Pioneer DVR-X152 CD/DVD external USB

MAXTOR 320 GB Hard Drive external USB

Video Card is NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX

Did have some lockup problems untill I got the latest driver installed. The video seems to operate well now.

There is no problem viewing the Title page and playing the music. It just doesn't want to take the command to play the program.

I understand the the window player may not use the same codec as the Cineplayer but the windows player plays back the entire Title page, click on the icon and the slideshow plays correctly to the finish.

Seems strange that I made the DVD using the Roxio and it installed the title page and burned the entire DVD yet the Cineplayer won't play it's own disk. The fast forward, rewind, go to beginning and go to the end do not work. Just pause, play, Stop

By the way a commerical DVD does the same thing in the Cineplayer. I put on a Disney DVD and it played the entire list of previews, which is quite a few minutes of video that plays well, and then the Title page to select the program and it just loops and will not take a command to play the movie. Use the same Drive and the Windows player and it plays the move when you click the play icon it plays the movie very well.

It seems to me that if the video card didn't work you wouldn't be able to use it with the windows player nor would it work to play all the previews and the title page on the Cineplayer. I would hate to upgrade just in case.

Of course a nice digital flat screen and a new top of the line video would be great.

Bill

I am really surprised that you can do any video editing at all. Your computer is low end in the processor, amount of RAM, and the video card.

It doesn't surprise me that Cineplayer won't play the video. At a minimum, you need more RAM, and most definitely need a better video card.

Build a 20 slideshow using the Assistant and MyDVD in order as Creator 2009 directs you.

Installed sound and burned the DVD. Pulled the DVD and tried it on the TV. No problem. Title page, click the Enter key on remote and plays the Slideshow. Brought the DVD back to the computer and inserted it in the DVD player and brought up the Windows player and the same story, It worked fine.

Brought up the Cineplayer and hit the play key and up comes the Title page with sound and it continously loops. There is no way to get out. Mouse click the title page Icon it doesn't react. I've tried about every button on the player. All I accomplish is locking up the Clineplayer and having to End the Program with Task Manager.

Bill599

It could be the old video card that you have (as per your other thread), causing the problems.

Are you, by chance, using a wireless mouse? They have been known to cause problems with Cineplayer.

Archived