• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Will Play Using Windows Media Player But Not...

Liveline99

Question

9 answers to this question

I used the Roxio Creator program to burn video clips that I saved to my computer from my camcorder. The clips are on the DVD that I burned, I am able to see them using Windows Media player, but I cannot view/play them using cineplayer. Also it will not play in any of my dvd players.

You are not supplying any new information just repeating your original post. We can't help you if you don't tell us what your did or even what you are trying to do. :blink:

You cannot simply burn video files and play them through Cineplayer or any DVD players. You have to create a video DVD using myDVD if that is what you want.

So I guess my question is, can someone walk me through what they would do to copy and burn camcorder vidoes from my desktop to a DVD so that I can watch these videos on TV from my DVD players?
You haven't really given us much info on what you have tried, but this wold be as simple as I can get:

Open MyDVD

Choose DVD with no menu

In the dialog box, choose your .MOV files

Click BURN and choose to DVD.

MyDVD should not have any issues with Quicktime files unless they contain mono audio.

I was able to burn my camcorder files to a DVD-R disc. I can view the files using windows media player, but not Roxio cineplayer...does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Thanks.

What program did you use to burn the files to a DVD? Are you trying to create a data DVD or a video DVD?

You will have to explain and give us a bit more information.

I used the Roxio Creator program to burn video clips that I saved to my computer from my camcorder. The clips are on the DVD that I burned, I am able to see them using Windows Media player, but I cannot view/play them using cineplayer. Also it will not play in any of my dvd players.

Yeah I changed the file format from MOV to AVI and was able to play it on Roxio cineplayer...so the problem remains. How do I burn files to a DVD so that I can play it on my DVD player and watch my home movies on TV.

When I used Roxio Creator all I did was go to Burn Data Disc I was able to drag files to this program and burn them to a DVD disk, by just clicking on burn disk. Maybe this was the problem I see that Roxio Creator has an option to "drag and drop convert movies directly from my desktop in the Video Movies section, however when I click on this option, nothing happens, no program will open.

So I guess my question is, can someone walk me through what they would do to copy and burn camcorder vidoes from my desktop to a DVD so that I can watch these videos on TV from my DVD players?

Thanks.

Yeah I changed the file format from MOV to AVI and was able to play it on Roxio cineplayer...so the problem remains. How do I burn files to a DVD so that I can play it on my DVD player and watch my home movies on TV.

When I used Roxio Creator all I did was go to Burn Data Disc I was able to drag files to this program and burn them to a DVD disk, by just clicking on burn disk. Maybe this was the problem I see that Roxio Creator has an option to "drag and drop convert movies directly from my desktop in the Video Movies section, however when I click on this option, nothing happens, no program will open.

Thanks.

There is a lot of information in the "How to & Usability" forum :rolleyes:Here is a link to a workflow strategy

Archived