• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Misssing Desktop Icon For Roxio Creator 2009

Cetuna

Question

Just completed a clean uninstall/re-install of Creator 2009, plus SP3 update. Everything seems to be working correctly, but I do not have a Desktop icon to launch Roxio Creator 2009. From START, ALL PROGRAMS, can launch (successfully) any of the applications.

This is a re-install; the first attempt resulted in several problems. But most of Creator 2009 was OK. As of the first install, I did have a Desktop icon to launch Creator 2009. Not so with the second uninstall/re-install effort.

Any ideas as to how to create a Desktop icon for the top-level Creator 2009 program? I am running XP Home Edition, SP3 with all updates current.

Thanks. CETUNA

1 answer to this question

Just completed a clean uninstall/re-install of Creator 2009, plus SP3 update. Everything seems to be working correctly, but I do not have a Desktop icon to launch Roxio Creator 2009. From START, ALL PROGRAMS, can launch (successfully) any of the applications.

This is a re-install; the first attempt resulted in several problems. But most of Creator 2009 was OK. As of the first install, I did have a Desktop icon to launch Creator 2009. Not so with the second uninstall/re-install effort.

Any ideas as to how to create a Desktop icon for the top-level Creator 2009 program? I am running XP Home Edition, SP3 with all updates current.

Thanks. CETUNA

To create a desktop icon for the C2009 launch: find the folder Roxio Central 4 (should be under Roxio Creator 2009 folder), right click the application RoxioCentralFx.exe and from the drop-down menu select Send To and from the next menu select Destop (create shortcut). This will create an icon on the desktop which you can rename to whatever you want.

Of course the install should have created a desktop icon, so something did not go right with the install. But if everything else is working I would leave well enough alone. I have created desktop icons for the apps from C2009 that I use most often (Videowave, myDVD, Copy&Convert, plus one or two thers) and use the C2009 icon only for the less frequently used apps.