• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Drive Detected

WakeWorld

Question

I'm jumping in here rather than starting a new thread because it appears I'm in the same boat, but I have an off-the-shelf installation of EMC 10 Suite. My DVD burner works fine with every other program, but I get the "no drive detected" message when using EMC. I ran the PXEngine update with reboot twice and that didn't make a difference. I uninstalled my DVD driver with reboot and that didn't make a difference. I also checked the registry as described above and the entry for UpperFilters does have a corresponding file in the System32/Drivers folder.

However, on following cdanteek's post above where he says, "If you check the system 32, drivers folder, Pxengine, right click properties, version, file version, I show '3.00.67a' what do you show?" I noticed a possible problem. When I go into my System32/Drivers folder, there is no PXEngine file. Is there supposed to be or did I misunderstand that?

Other than that, I'm at a loss for why this software is not recognizing my DVD burning. Any help would be appreciated!

13 answers to this question

I'm jumping in here rather than starting a new thread because it appears I'm in the same boat, but I have an off-the-shelf installation of EMC 10 Suite. My DVD burner works fine with every other program, but I get the "no drive detected" message when using EMC. I ran the PXEngine update with reboot twice and that didn't make a difference. I uninstalled my DVD driver with reboot and that didn't make a difference. I also checked the registry as described above and the entry for UpperFilters does have a corresponding file in the System32/Drivers folder.

However, on following cdanteek's post above where he says, "If you check the system 32, drivers folder, Pxengine, right click properties, version, file version, I show '3.00.67a' what do you show?" I noticed a possible problem. When I go into my System32/Drivers folder, there is no PXEngine file. Is there supposed to be or did I misunderstand that?

Other than that, I'm at a loss for why this software is not recognizing my DVD burning. Any help would be appreciated!

Better???

Are your DVD Drives IDE or SATA? Did you uninstall the DVD Drives in Device Manager and re-boot? Any error codes or yellow exclamation marks by the Drives in Device Manager?

( C:\Windows\System32\drivers\pxhelp20.sys )

post-97-1233420442.png

cd

Better???

Are your DVD Drives IDE or SATA? Did you uninstall the DVD Drives in Device Manager and re-boot? Any error codes or yellow exclamation marks by the Drives in Device Manager?

( C:\Windows\System32\drivers\pxhelp20.sys )

post-97-1233420442.png

cd

I'm don't know how to tell if the drive is IDE or SATA, but here is the description in the Device Manager: TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC ATA Device

Yes, I uninstalled the DVD drive in Device Manager and rebooted. That didn't help. No error codes or exclamation marks are present. Everything works just fine with all other programs.

I do have the pxhelp20.sys file similar to yours. It's the same version and size, but the date on it is 7/26/2007. Also, I'm running Vista, but the description of the pxhelp20.sys file says it's for Windows 2000/XP. Could that be the problem?

Ok, because of the date difference, I followed your link #5 and tried to update the PXEngine again. I ran the install and rebooted, but my pxhelp20.sys file is still dated 7/26/2007.

Yes, I have iTunes installed and I can burn CD's from there without a problem.

Edited by WakeWorld

iTunes has been known to cause problems with the device filters or claims other software causes the problem. You might want to check the Apple support site for ideas. I had issues with iTunes and device filters with EMC 9 and finally had to reinstall the OS and carefully reinstall one application at a time. It may be related to the sequencing of application installations and how the apps modify the filters and what state they are left in. I wouldn't recommend iTunes version 8 but 7.7.1.11 is the latest version of non-version 8.

Edited by Big_Dave

I'm don't know how to tell if the drive is IDE or SATA, but here is the description in the Device Manager: TEAC DVD+-RW DVW28SLC ATA Device

Yes, I uninstalled the DVD drive in Device Manager and rebooted. That didn't help. No error codes or exclamation marks are present. Everything works just fine with all other programs.

I do have the pxhelp20.sys file similar to yours. It's the same version and size, but the date on it is 7/26/2007. Also, I'm running Vista, but the description of the pxhelp20.sys file says it's for Windows 2000/XP. Could that be the problem?

Yes, I have iTunes installed and I can burn CD's from there without a problem.

That pic was mine in Vista, so no, not a problem.

In Device Manager look for IDE ATA\ATAPI controllers, expand the + and look for primary and secondary. If you show them right click on the secondary and uninstall, ok, ok and reboot. Anything change?

post-97-1233424266.png

cd

Well, I must be a complete idiot because I can't figure out how to upload a picture from my hard drive to my post. Is it really possible that that feature doesn't exist? I finally had to upload the image to the web in order to reference it.

Anyway, this is all I have. No primary or secondary...

devices.jpg

Only moderators can post images on Roxio's site.

Right click properties on the three IDE channels your showing and look for CDrom not a disk drive!

When you find CDrom right click uninstall on the IDE channel, ok, ok, reboot.

post-97-1233427617.png

post-97-1233427749.png

On rebooting in Vista I get these...

post-97-1233427119.png

post-97-1233427131.png

If it changes from IDE to ATA in device manager, let me know.. Now does Roxio see the drive?

cd

It is now labeled at ATA Channel 0 and seems to be working fine on everything else, but Roxio still says "no drive detected."

It's also interesting because when I uninstalled the drive and then tried to start Roxio, it gave me a message that said it could not start up without at least one drive being recognized and then it shut down. That tells me that it must recognize the drive on some level, but for some reason it's not showing up once the program gets started.

It is now labeled at ATA Channel 0 and seems to be working fine on everything else, but Roxio still says "no drive detected."

It's also interesting because when I uninstalled the drive and then tried to start Roxio, it gave me a message that said it could not start up without at least one drive being recognized and then it shut down. That tells me that it must recognize the drive on some level, but for some reason it's not showing up once the program gets started.

You need to reboot, after you uninstall.

I am going bonkers with this 'no drive detected'. I contacted Roxio support and they gave me a site to get an update to EMC10. Its a totally different version and build. I haven't done it yet because they also said to check this forum but most of the stuff I see I don't understand. This download replaces my install. Has anyone done this yet? I did the pkengine download/install but that did not help. Did the uninstall DVD/CDrom drive, still nothing. Didn't do the uninstall of the IDE. Not sure about that one. Don't want to lose EMC10.

I guess I'm the guy who needs a step by step instruction to do this stuff.

Hoping to get some kind of help here, I really want to use this program.