• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Burning Support for ECC5 Platinum w/DVD

dmitryl98

I could use some expert :) insight into this problem.

I am using Easy CD Creator Platinum v. 5.5.5.10v already patched with drive support. I thought that would take care of the "No Supported DVD-Recorders" message when I try to create a data DVD. Also DVDs do not show up as an option in the Supported Media drop down box.

I understand that part of the problem may be attributable to my using of an LG GSA-2166D external CD/DVD burner I recently purchased. The CDs burn fine, but the DVD process pops up the message.

I am also using Windows 2000 SP4 with latest patches.

The full name of the DVD drive as displayed in the properties window is: HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2166D. Because CDCP5 supports a number of LG drives, I would assume there would be support for the one I have.

Is there a way to enable DVD burn using a patch for existing product :huh: or do I have to upgrade to the next version :D . If so, which version will support the external drive I have?

I am using Easy CD Creator Platinum v. 5.5.5.10v already patched with drive support. I thought that would take care of the "No Supported DVD-Recorders" message when I try to create a data DVD. Also DVDs do not show up as an option in the Supported Media drop down box.

I understand that part of the problem may be attributable to my using of an LG GSA-2166D external CD/DVD burner I recently purchased. The CDs burn fine, but the DVD process pops up the message.

The full name of the DVD drive as displayed in the properties window is: HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2166D. Because CDCP5 supports a number of LG drives, I would assume there would be support for the one I have.

Is there a way to enable DVD burn using a patch for existing product :huh: or do I have to upgrade to the next version :D . If so, which version will support the external drive I have?

Brendon is probably the one that can tell you if the table in the registry can be patched to support your drive. I'll assume it's a recently manufactured drive? If so, there's a good chance it can't be supported in ECDC 5, and if it can, possibly not at it's rated speed. In any case, ECDC 5 only supports writing Data DVDs, not Video DVDs. Just because ECDC 5 supports a number of LG drives doesn't mean it can be configured to support your drive.

ECDC 7 and up (the current version is 8.05) will support your drive.

Since your HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2166D was reviewed 31Oct05 by CDRlabs.com (as retrieved by google), I would assume it is newer than Dec04, when the last update patch was made. Therefore, altho Brendon might be able to write a patch to get it recognized, no, it will not be recognized by any of the updates.

As Dave has said, ECDC 5 (a 1999 program) only does DataDVD. No Video DVD, no music DVD, no Dual-Layer DVD, no DVD-RAM. In 1999, DataDVD was radical.

I suspect the drive came with software the mfgr feels will work well with it.

Other than that, since you have Win2000 SP4, you can get EMC 7, 7.5, or 8. EMC 7.5 is a combination of Roxio's EMC 7 and some Sonic programs, and probably the best bet, since EMC 7 was debugged by that time. EMC 8 was built from scratch, and patches are (I think) still being released. You can take your pick.

Lynn

Is there a way to enable DVD burn using a patch for existing product :) or do I have to upgrade to the next version :huh: . If so, which version will support the external drive I have?

No, you can't make the old software support your new Lightscribe 16x DL external burner. Sorry 'bout that.

I would suggest EMC 7.5 or 8.x

Archived