• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How Long For A Support Answer ?

Missduffy59

Question

:huh:

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. In December, I downloaded Creator 2009 and have had a number of issues with it. Finally, I uninstalled it and when I tried to "re-download" it to try another clean install, I was unable to. I run XP, SP3.

Four days ago, I e-mailed tech support about this issue. I have not heard a word since, not even an automated "I hear you" response.

How long should I expect to wait for some acknowledgment from Roxio? In the meantime, I have reinstalled EMC 9 to do some basic work.

This is the first Roxio product I have had that I have been so disappointed in!

Karen

7 answers to this question

:huh:

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. In December, I downloaded Creator 2009 and have had a number of issues with it. Finally, I uninstalled it and when I tried to "re-download" it to try another clean install, I was unable to. I run XP, SP3.

Four days ago, I e-mailed tech support about this issue. I have not heard a word since, not even an automated "I hear you" response.

How long should I expect to wait for some acknowledgment from Roxio? In the meantime, I have reinstalled EMC 9 to do some basic work.

This is the first Roxio product I have had that I have been so disappointed in!

Karen

First, you should have burned the download file to a DVD, right after you downloaded it, so you would have it, in the event you had to install the software again.

Second, this is a users forum, and we are users of the software, like you. We aren't Roxio, so we can't help you to get authorized to download again.

First, you should have burned the download file to a DVD, right after you downloaded it, so you would have it, in the event you had to install the software again.

Second, this is a users forum, and we are users of the software, like you. We aren't Roxio, so we can't help you to get authorized to download again.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I DID order the backup disc, which turned out to be an earlier version of Creator when I tried to reinstall from that.

I was not looking for anything Roxio should hopefully, someday provide. I was just trying to get an idea from someone else who might have been in this position how long it might take to get a response.

I obviously came to the wrong place and will not make that mistake again.

Karen

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I DID order the backup disc, which turned out to be an earlier version of Creator when I tried to reinstall from that.

I was not looking for anything Roxio should hopefully, someday provide. I was just trying to get an idea from someone else who might have been in this position how long it might take to get a response.

I obviously came to the wrong place and will not make that mistake again.

Karen

Don't rely on e-mail - give Customer Service a call telling them you got the wrong disc.

Did you delete the downloaded program?

Don't rely on e-mail - give Customer Service a call telling them you got the wrong disc.

Did you delete the downloaded program?

Unfortunately, I did. :( I thought I had the back up disc! Did not know it was the wrong one till I tried to reload the program.

When I tried to call, I was told that Customer Service was not available in my area? Mississippi? It was a state last time I checked. I may try again Monday.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I did. :( I thought I had the back up disc! Did not know it was the wrong one till I tried to reload the program.

When I tried to call, I was told that Customer Service was not available in my area? Mississippi? It was a state last time I checked. I may try again Monday.

Thanks!

Is this the number you called: 1-800-656-5443?