emaureena

Saving Before Burning

Question

I am working in MyDVD and I have everything ready to burn to a DVD. I have not exceeded the available space on the DVD and everything looks OK, but when I click on the Burn button, I get a message saying that I must save the project before burning. It then asks me if I want to save, and I click Yes and nothing happens. So I go up to the File menu and click on Save and nothing happens. Same with Save As. Same with the Save icon in the tool bar. I am stuck and I don't want to lose the work I've done getting the stuff ready to burn. What can I do?

Thanks.

emaureena

5 answers to this question

I am working in MyDVD and I have everything ready to burn to a DVD. I have not exceeded the available space on the DVD and everything looks OK, but when I click on the Burn button, I get a message saying that I must save the project before burning. It then asks me if I want to save, and I click Yes and nothing happens. So I go up to the File menu and click on Save and nothing happens. Same with Save As. Same with the Save icon in the tool bar. I am stuck and I don't want to lose the work I've done getting the stuff ready to burn. What can I do?

Thanks.

emaureena

How long are you waiting after clicking Yes?

How long are you waiting after clicking Yes?

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

As soon as I click on Yes ( to save it), the pop-up goes away, but nothing else comes up to allow me to give the project a name or do anything else. The same when I click on the menu items. The page seems to blink, but nothing happens. I've kept the screen up all day because I don't want to lose the work I've done on it, so I suppose you could say I've been waiting for hours. I just now tried to Burn again, and got the same message about saving with the same results.

Thanks again.

As soon as I click on Yes ( to save it), the pop-up goes away, but nothing else comes up to allow me to give the project a name or do anything else. The same when I click on the menu items. The page seems to blink, but nothing happens. I've kept the screen up all day because I don't want to lose the work I've done on it, so I suppose you could say I've been waiting for hours. I just now tried to Burn again, and got the same message about saving with the same results.

Thanks again.

Try to open the project, save it first, (you will see the hour glass cursor) then close the program. Then use Burn DVD option and locate the ICO file. This might help.

Try to open the project, save it first, (you will see the hour glass cursor) then close the program. Then use Burn DVD option and locate the ICO file. This might help.

The project is already open - you can't open it again :blink:

What is an ICO file?

Edited by myguggi

Thanks again.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I agree with myguggi; the project is already open and if I close it, I will lose it. I also don't know what an ICO file is.

I still have the project open, hoping for an answer.

Thanks.

Maureen