• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Writing

trig

Question

I have a Compaq Presario 1500 T laptop. It has a HL-DT-ST-RW/DVD GCC-4240N . I have roxio easy cd creator 8 installed. When I burn a cd/r I get this error> There was a problem reading data fast enough to your recorder. I have tried all I know. This install is on windows xp pro clean install. I tried to install updates but it failed. Is there a patch to make this work. I can burn cd/r using the xp burn software but cannot get roxio to work. I did make it work one time using a Pleomax CD-RW 10X Disk but when I tried to erase the cd/rw it throwed an error up. I took the disk to another computer and erased it. I was able to read the disk but it took a good while to bring it up after I went to my computer and then Icomputer runs great. I have a gig of ram. I use this computer for one task and I need roxio to work. You think my drive is the problem, but it burns data using windows xp ? Thanks for any help. trig

6 answers to this question

That is an odd-ball drive (it's a co-production of Hitachi and LG) - however there may be a Dell flash update for it

ftp://ftp1.ap.dell.com/rmsd/BR57492.exe

It's very fussy what discs it will write to at 10x - did you try burning at a lower speed?

Check this web page for more info

http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/tm.asp?m=7628...;key=᷌

The external is the way I will go. I just do not know of one that has been tested and works. As far as the compaq drive, well I flashed the drive and same thing. I am tired of making coasters with these cd/r's. I know this is an older laptop but it runs great and I am using it for one program only. trig

Archived