• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Edit Audio Tags Is Playing My Wav Files

Melissa2008B

Question

This is the weirdest problem that I've had since installing EMC 10. ( using XP home )

My wav files are set to "open with" Winamp in my system settings, but since installing EMC 10, if I double click on a wav file, instead of playing with Winamp, it gets opened by Roxio Edit Audio Tags, which I cant even find in the system installation, but is apparently part of the whole Roxio EMC 10 package ( being this never happened before installing EMC 10 ).

It just opens the wav file and sits there. waiting for me to hit the play button, instead of playing automatically when I double click on the file, using Winamp, like it used to.

How can I get this Edit Audio Tags program to leave my wav files alone and let Winamp do its thing?

It shows that the files are SUPPOSED to open with Winamp, but somehow Edit Audio Tags is grabbing them away from Winamp without permission.

2 answers to this question

Right click on a .wav file, click on the Open with option. If WinAmp isn't shown in the short list, click on Choose Program, scroll down to WinAmp, and put a check mark, in the box to the left of Always use selected program to open...

That should fix it.

If not, in WinAmp, if there is a setting for which file it opens, reset it.

Right click on a .wav file, click on the Open with option. If WinAmp isn't shown in the short list, click on Choose Program, scroll down to WinAmp, and put a check mark, in the box to the left of Always use selected program to open...

That should fix it.

If not, in WinAmp, if there is a setting for which file it opens, reset it.

I've tried both those things. It says it's supposed to open with Winamp, but Roxio's Edit Audio Tags is grabbing it from somewhere else, when I double click a wav file. It makes me crazy.

Archived