• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Enhanced CD

heidijay

Question

All Authored CD's are Windows & MAC (os x) compatible. If you had a problem it was the way you wrote it. Please explain???

Yes Enhanced CD has been in all Retail Versions of Roxio.

I've purchased Creator 2009, and in trying to create an enhanced audio/music CD (this is for an indie album release) I've come across the issue of not being able to burn the autorun.inf file at the root...Creator 2009 appears to force you to add data files by way of adding a folder of data files, not an individual data file. I would like to use the autorun.inf to specify the icon to be used for the Flash standalone player executable file so that it can replace the Flash icon, but I haven't been able to do this so far. Am I missing something?

The option to create an Enhanced CD as a project (where you would select New Project > Enhanced CD) that existed in previous retail versions of Roxio products does not appear to exist in this product. It allows for the creation of a DVD music disc, but I need discs that can be played in CD players and on PCs. I searched the user guide and I can't find anything about specifically mentioning enhanced CDs, only what I've tried to do as described in the preceding paragraph. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

To create an Enhanced CD in EMC 10, and C2009, you will need to do it in Music Disc Creator.

a. Launch Music Disc Creator.

b. Select Audio CD Project.

c. Add audio tracks.

d. Add data by going to File->Project Settings and place a check mark on 'Add data folder to disc'. Click Browse to select folder.

e. Click Burn

Followed these directions exactly, but no go. The program burned the 13 audio files, then closed that session, then said it was burning "Track 14" which was the data folder, then it closed session and disc. When I load the CD no sign of the data file at all, only the audio tracks...

How are you loading the CD, then see no sign of the data file?

cd

Viewing it under "My Computer", when I open it all I see is the 13 .cda files. When I look at it via Roxio under "Disc Information" it states: "CDR, Closed, Multi-Session, Audio". Below that it just shows "Session 1" and lists 13 audio tracks. No sign of my data folder at all. (Using Roxio 2009/Music Creator with latest updates, Windows XP).

MisterM,

I just did this three times using C2009 in Music Disc Creator.

c. Add audio tracks.

d. Add data by going to File->Project Settings and place a check mark on 'Add data folder to disc'. Click Browse to select folder.

e. Click Burn.

What I get when the pc is set to auto play and the burned disc is inserted, is a audio CD with 13 tracks in windows media player. When I open My Computer and open or explore the disc, I only see the Data Folder, I'm sure that's the way it's supposed to be...

post-97-1238551661.jpg

post-97-1238551666.jpg

cd

You have an Advanced Use that is well beyond what the Suite is aimed at… I tried a few things but like you hit the stone wall!

It is possible that you may have to revert to an older version and do a Custom Install of just Creator Classic or hunt down a specialized Audio CD Authoring program that will allow the flexibility you need for Enhanced Audio CDs…

You have an Advanced Use that is well beyond what the Suite is aimed at… I tried a few things but like you hit the stone wall!

It is possible that you may have to revert to an older version and do a Custom Install of just Creator Classic or hunt down a specialized Audio CD Authoring program that will allow the flexibility you need for Enhanced Audio CDs…

Wouldn't it be nice if Roxio brought back the full featured Creator Classic? I still have EMC 7.5 on my computer, and the Enhanced CD is an option in Creator Classic.

I'm not sure what you want is standard, for what is called enhanced CD.

An enhanced CD (also known as a CD Extra CD or CD Plus CD) is a multisession CD that contains both music tracks and computer data. The first session on the CD contains the music tracks, so a home or car stereo CD player can play them. The second session contains data intended for your computer's CD-ROM drive. Many music CDs are made as an enhanced CD to provide music CD tracks and a music video all on the same CD.

Enhanced CD changed from Version 9 in Creator Classic to Version 10 in Music Disc Creator, as I recall.

Version 10 and C2009 seem to be the same as you describe........'Add data folder to disc'

To create an Enhanced CD in EMC 10, and C2009, you will need to do it in Music Disc Creator.

c. Add audio tracks.

e. Click Burn.

cd

I'm not sure what you want is standard, for what is called enhanced CD.

An enhanced CD (also known as a CD Extra CD or CD Plus CD) is a multisession CD that contains both music tracks and computer data. The first session on the CD contains the music tracks, so a home or car stereo CD player can play them. The second session contains data intended for your computer's CD-ROM drive. Many music CDs are made as an enhanced CD to provide music CD tracks and a music video all on the same CD.

Enhanced CD changed from Version 9 in Creator Classic to Version 10 in Music Disc Creator, as I recall.

Version 10 and C2009 seem to be the same as you describe........'Add data folder to disc'

c. Add audio tracks.

e. Click Burn.

cd

Yes it is a relative normal request and with the old Classic you could add the AUTORUN.INF file and burn an Enhanced CD.

With the new Creator Classic you cannot create an Enhanced CD and Music Disc Creator won't do what the posters wants either…

Yes it is a relative normal request and with the old Classic you could add the AUTORUN.INF file and burn an Enhanced CD.

With the new Creator Classic you cannot create an Enhanced CD and Music Disc Creator won't do what the posters wants either…

Confusion, what is it called? a Enhanced CD, two session, audio then computer data?

Or mixed mode, one session with both computer data and audio?

One meant for home and car stereo, the other for use in CD-Rom or CD-Recorder Drives?

Older Creators did both.

cd

Archived