My Dvd Express & Add Movie Problem

TommyC

Question

OK maybe I am missing a step but I cant find it in the help section. I downloaded my video from my Canon HG10 to a file on an external HD. Now I want to take those 104 clips of my kids soccer match and burn them to a DVD. Here is what I am doing.

1. Add a new movie

2. Browser to the file and open. All 109 clips are seen now.

3. Click on first and CTRL A to select all

4. click on ADD

5. select all video clips as one movie

6. get a message saying some files must be converted to an editable file. Click Yes

7. opens a "save as" file and I name it Denmark 08. It does a fast convert and places the file in a Roxio folder. (now is where the issue is ) The only file that gets done is the first in the clip #1 the rest are not converted. So when I go to My DVD Exp main menu the only one there is the first clip, nothing else is brought in.

What am I missing?

Running Vista if that helps too.

Thanks

TC

9 answers to this question

OK maybe I am missing a step but I cant find it in the help section. I downloaded my video from my Canon HG10 to a file on an external HD. Now I want to take those 104 clips of my kids soccer match and burn them to a DVD. Here is what I am doing.

1. Add a new movie

4. click on ADD

6. get a message saying some files must be converted to an editable file. Click Yes

7. opens a "save as" file and I name it Denmark 08. It does a fast convert and places the file in a Roxio folder. (now is where the issue is ) The only file that gets done is the first in the clip #1 the rest are not converted. So when I go to My DVD Exp main menu the only one there is the first clip, nothing else is brought in.

What am I missing?

Thanks

TC

How long, timewise is the total of all of those clips?

Try adding a few at a time, as a test, and see if they all get converted and show up.

1. Add a new movie

4. click on ADD

What am I missing?

Thanks

TC

What program from C2009 are you using when you "add" the files? You should be using Videowave. What extension does the file have after you used "Save As". Usually that just saves your project file, no video is created or saved. You should also be using myDVD to author and burn your DVD. myDVD Express has very linited options and often gives problems to users.

How long, timewise is the total of all of those clips?

Try adding a few at a time, as a test, and see if they all get converted and show up.

Total is about 109 clips and time wise, hour and 15 maybe. I did that too, just tried about 10 and it sill only converted the first one.

What program from C2009 are you using when you "add" the files? You should be using Videowave. What extension does the file have after you used "Save As". Usually that just saves your project file, no video is created or saved. You should also be using myDVD to author and burn your DVD. myDVD Express has very linited options and often gives problems to users.

Like I said in the title, trying MyDVD express. I also tired um... convert and burn or something like that and it hung. I will poke around videdowave and see if that works.

Thanks!

How do I start or find the Videowave program. I can't seem to locate it on my 2009.

You're welcome, and good luck.

Well here is what I figured out. If I click on the 109 pieces, I have to convert/save each individually. So it opens a save box, and does its duty and then I have to click done. Then the next box opens save and start over. So I have to do that 109 times. It was that way in videowave too, seems that there should be faster way.

Well here is what I figured out. If I click on the 109 pieces, I have to convert/save each individually. So it opens a save box, and does its duty and then I have to click done. Then the next box opens save and start over. So I have to do that 109 times. It was that way in videowave too, seems that there should be faster way.

You have to do that because Canon chose a non-standard way to handle files… It isn't up to Roxio to chase every manufactures tail because each one thinks their idea is better…

Your camcorder came with custom software to handle those files. Maybe that it where you need to use it and convert them before you start Roxio.