• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Storyboard restarts Windows XP

jcbradley3310

Question

Hope this is the right forum... I am a Roxio forum newbie.

Here is the pertinent info on this problem.

When using Easy Media Creator 7 (7.1.217_LS) that came with our Lacie DVD burner we get lockups and restarts when a picture or background is selected as part of slide show using the Storyboard program.

System is Compaq EVO D510 (P4 2.40 Ghz) running Windows XP SP2 with 1 GB RAM, also have Symantec AV Corp Edition client 10.0.0.359. See attached word doc for screenshots and windows event log errors.

We have reinstalled the software, tried to get updates from Roxio updater feature, tested with and without AV or the DVD drive attached, results are the same.

I opened a webcase with support and was advised to try the following:

1. disable everything in startup using MSCONFIG

2. apply MS XML parser service 3.0 SP5

Neither of the these approached made any difference. The computer immediately restarts when we try to acquire a picture or background into storyboard.

1 answer to this question

Hope this is the right forum... I am a Roxio forum newbie.

Here is the pertinent info on this problem.

When using Easy Media Creator 7 (7.1.217_LS) that came with our Lacie DVD burner we get lockups and restarts when a picture or background is selected as part of slide show using the Storyboard program.

System is Compaq EVO D510 (P4 2.40 Ghz) running Windows XP SP2 with 1 GB RAM, also have Symantec AV Corp Edition client 10.0.0.359. See attached word doc for screenshots and windows event log errors.

We have reinstalled the software, tried to get updates from Roxio updater feature, tested with and without AV or the DVD drive attached, results are the same.

I opened a webcase with support and was advised to try the following:

1. disable everything in startup using MSCONFIG

2. apply MS XML parser service 3.0 SP5

Neither of the these approached made any difference. The computer immediately restarts when we try to acquire a picture or background into storyboard.

Since you got the software bundled with your Lacie burner it is most likely an OEM version which means that it might be a partial version of EMC 7 (I have never seen that version number 7.1.127_LS) and not have all the features of the retail version. You could check with Lacie if you have the full version.

Could you also list your video card? Have you got the latest drivers for the card as well as DirectX 9c since EMC requires this for capture and rendering.

You could also try disabling the antiv-rus checking, disconnecting from the internet und sutting down all running applications.

Archived