• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Create Bluray Formatted Dvd+r From H.264 Without Transcoding?

BluRayWannabe

Question

Using Toast 10 & the BluRay plug-in, is it possible to create a BluRay formatted DVD+R where I supply my own H.264 file that is used exactly as it is with no transcoding or loss?

I know that I could copy a Quicktime file - but I have Squeeze and I'd rather manage the settings myself.

Also - exactly what settings for H.264 are needed so that it will work on a DVD+R?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Using Toast 10 & the BluRay plug-in, is it possible to create a BluRay formatted DVD+R where I supply my own H.264 file that is used exactly as it is with no transcoding or loss?

I know that I could copy a Quicktime file - but I have Squeeze and I'd rather manage the settings myself.

Also - exactly what settings for H.264 are needed so that it will work on a DVD+R?

Thanks!

QuickTime files are not compatible as blu-ray streams. However, from your other post I know you have Encore, which includes Adobe Media Encoder. I've used AME to create transport streams that I then just drop into Toast for easy burning (when I don't want to make all the menus and whatnot in Encore).

AME can encode h.264 and MPEG-2 assets up to 1080p for use in Toast.

Archived