• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Create Bluray Dvd+r Using Output Of Adobe Encorecs4?

BluRayWannabe

Question

3 answers to this question

I have adobe's Encore CS4.

It will create and burn a BluRay with menus, etc.

However, it will not burn a BluRay onto a DVD+R.

I'd like to be able to take the BluRay output of Encore CS4, and have Toast burn it onto a DVD+R - that should play in any BluRay player.

Can I do this? Is there a tech note?

You can do this - it's tricky though. You need VMWare or Parallels because you need to use a program call BDedit to edit your index.bdmv file.

Here it is:

http://wallybarthman.wordpress.com/brians-...ray-from-a-mac/

Let me know if you have any questions. I've had good success doing this and would be happy to help. I know my tutorial lacks graphics and such.

You can do this - it's tricky though. You need VMWare or Parallels because you need to use a program call BDedit to edit your index.bdmv file.

Here it is:

http://wallybarthman.wordpress.com/brians-...ray-from-a-mac/

Let me know if you have any questions. I've had good success doing this and would be happy to help. I know my tutorial lacks graphics and such.

The docs seem quite clear. I'm new to Encore CS4, so I'll have to take it all in.

Only thing I'm curious about is whether I can use H.264 from Squeeze and take that into Encore (as it got rated higher than Encore CS4 or Compressor).

Thanks!

The docs seem quite clear. I'm new to Encore CS4, so I'll have to take it all in.

Only thing I'm curious about is whether I can use H.264 from Squeeze and take that into Encore (as it got rated higher than Encore CS4 or Compressor).

Thanks!

You'd have to try it out to be sure - authoring programs tend to be picky about what streams they'll take, but my guess is that Toast would take a properly encoded h.264 file and AC3 audio file from Squeeze.