• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sony Hi8 - Packet Loss Or Frame Loss

Hariaum001

Question

Hi There,

I just bought the Creator 2009 version with the USB package from COSTCO. After establishing connection via S-Video and audio from Sony Hi8, the quality is very satisfactory while just viewing the transfer in my IBM PC. However, as soon as I click the "Capture" button both Video and Audio strutters.

It appears that in between the folw of capture it's loosing some frams and picture jumps. The sound also breaks while capturing.

However, using the same software and hardware on my Sony Vaio laptop, the capturing is perfectly fine without any loss. Which means that problem apears in the IBM PC. Unfortunately the Vaio has only limited harddisk space and IBM has 1TB. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IBM ThinkCenter - M50 - 8187 - 43U with Intel® Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz and 2 GB RAM.

Display Adapter: Intel® 82865G Graphic Controller

Sound: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

1 answer to this question

Hi There,

I just bought the Creator 2009 version with the USB package from COSTCO. After establishing connection via S-Video and audio from Sony Hi8, the quality is very satisfactory while just viewing the transfer in my IBM PC. However, as soon as I click the "Capture" button both Video and Audio strutters.

It appears that in between the folw of capture it's loosing some frams and picture jumps. The sound also breaks while capturing.

However, using the same software and hardware on my Sony Vaio laptop, the capturing is perfectly fine without any loss. Which means that problem apears in the IBM PC. Unfortunately the Vaio has only limited harddisk space and IBM has 1TB. Any help is greatly appreciated.

IBM ThinkCenter - M50 - 8187 - 43U with Intel® Pentium 4 - 3.00GHz and 2 GB RAM.

Display Adapter: Intel® 82865G Graphic Controller

Sound: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Your IBM being a laptop has very limited graphics capability and is not really suited for video work. If your stuttering appears in the preview window while capturing it does not mean that the final captured video is the same. Have you looked at the captured file if it also displays the same symptoms? While capturing all running apps should be shut down as well as anti-virus, connection to the internet. You may just have to clean up some space on your Vaio

Archived