Export Playlist/project For Excel

bruceh60

Question

When I burn a CD from MP3 files on my hard drive I save a 'project' file and also a 'playlist'.

I tried getting the information from these to a form I could view and/or manipulate as in Excel. Roxio exported these in something called .XLM which turned out to be pretty large and I could not see how to use it to do anything in Excel.

Is this the only format I can output from these files?

What I'd really like to get is something I can display in a spreadsheet format (i.e., of type .CSV, tab delimited) where I can see the tags of the tracks. Is there a way to do this?

1 answer to this question

When I burn a CD from MP3 files on my hard drive I save a 'project' file and also a 'playlist'.

I tried getting the information from these to a form I could view and/or manipulate as in Excel. Roxio exported these in something called .XLM which turned out to be pretty large and I could not see how to use it to do anything in Excel.

Is this the only format I can output from these files?

What I'd really like to get is something I can display in a spreadsheet format (i.e., of type .CSV, tab delimited) where I can see the tags of the tracks. Is there a way to do this?

You would have to write a program to decode the project file. Roxio has nothing that will do it.

Archived