Can't Get Program Installed

Oregoncustomer

Question

I've installed and removed/installed the program many times. It appears to be installed but when I click on the program in my Start list it hangs at the internet registration page. Roxio support told me to disable all start list items. I did, still hangs. While in that "start list disabled" config I removed and reistalled the program. Still hangs. Roxio has not responded to my open ticket. Either I get the program working or I want my money back. Either alternative is fine with me but I want a solution.

9 answers to this question

It's version 5.3.5.10k Geez, can't Roxio create software that doesn't conflict with their own products???

Oregon

Hey Oregon -

That software is over 5 versions old, so it may not have been recognized by the much newer software for uninstall.

If you want Easy VHS to DVD to install properly, you can remove the current install (or what did manage to get installed) from the Control Panel.

For Easy CD Creator 5, I recommend that you remove it as it contains that software that is no longer supported or may create conflicts if you choose to upgrade to other Creator products. However, if you have any discs that were created with the packet writing utility DirectCD or Drag to Disc, I suggest you transfer them to your hard drive first. The directions for the complete removal are here.

Then install Easy VHS to DVD to see how it goes.

Thanks,

Jon

unplug your network connection. Try to launch Easy VHS to DVD again.

Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions. I can't get this program to work so I am dumping it. The problem is probably me and/or my computer setup, rather than the Roxio product, but I don't want to waste anymore time on it. I'll find another way to convert my old VHS stuff to DVD. Thank you all, again.

Oregon

Thanks everyone for your time and suggestions. I can't get this program to work so I am dumping it. The problem is probably me and/or my computer setup, rather than the Roxio product, but I don't want to waste anymore time on it. I'll find another way to convert my old VHS stuff to DVD. Thank you all, again.

Oregon

Hey Oregon -

Sorry we couldn't help you out.

Have a good one.

Jon

I've installed and removed/installed the program many times. It appears to be installed but when I click on the program in my Start list it hangs at the internet registration page. Roxio support told me to disable all start list items. I did, still hangs. While in that "start list disabled" config I removed and reistalled the program. Still hangs. Roxio has not responded to my open ticket. Either I get the program working or I want my money back. Either alternative is fine with me but I want a solution.

We are just users like yourself and cannot really help you.

I would strongly recommend you put down your keyboard and pick up your phone. Goes a lot faster when you actually talk to someone…

Hi Oregon -

Do you have any previous versions of Roxiosofwtare installed?

I'm assuming you disabled your start ups by doing the following:

* Go to Start -> Run. Type "msconfig" (without quotes) then click OK.

* Select the Startup tab.

* Click the Disable All button.

* Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.

* Click the Restart button.

To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete).

Jon

Hi Oregon -

Do you have any previous versions of Roxiosofwtare installed?

I'm assuming you disabled your start ups by doing the following:

* Go to Start -> Run. Type "msconfig" (without quotes) then click OK.

* Select the Startup tab.

* Click the Disable All button.

* Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.

* Click the Restart button.

To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete).

Jon

Jon-

I've got Roxio Easy CD Creator installed? And, yes, I disabled everything per your procedure. Thanks

Oregon

Jon-

I've got Roxio Easy CD Creator installed? And, yes, I disabled everything per your procedure. Thanks

Oregon

Hey Oregon -

Yeah, there maybe a conflict there. Is it Easy CD Creator 5? What version?

Thanks,

Jon

Archived