Importing Dvd To Mydvd

Suda

Question

I receive an error message when trying to import a homemade DVD onto my MYDVD.

The error reads

Can not complete command File Err DVDErr, -19013.

I am using the same type of DVD+R that I use when burning successfully so why can I not import it to my computer if I can burn a copy?

My homemade DVD plays fine w/out errors....

Help.

Suda

7 answers to this question

I receive an error message when trying to import a homemade DVD onto my MYDVD.

The error reads

Can not complete command File Err DVDErr, -19013.

I am using the same type of DVD+R that I use when burning successfully so why can I not import it to my computer if I can burn a copy?

My homemade DVD plays fine w/out errors....

Help.

Suda

What are you trying to do? If you want to edit the movie, copy the files to your hard drive, then Open VideoWave, and bring them in.

There is no reason to try to capture from the DVD, no matter what you are doing.

What are you trying to do? If you want to edit the movie, copy the files to your hard drive, then Open VideoWave, and bring them in.

There is no reason to try to capture from the DVD, no matter what you are doing.

Okay...I thought by importing the DVD movie to my computer I was putting it on my hard drive??? I do not see how to copy my files on the DVD to my hard drive. What are the steps to copy properly through

???Videowave???

I want to edit the DVD and burn another copy as it will not burn properly. Burns for 11 minutes then gives me an error message.

So I thought I would import it and try making a copy from the hard drive.

Okay...I thought by importing the DVD movie to my computer I was putting it on my hard drive??? I do not see how to copy my files on the DVD to my hard drive. What are the steps to copy properly through

???Videowave???

I want to edit the DVD and burn another copy as it will not burn properly. Burns for 11 minutes then gives me an error message.

You're asking a Computer 101 question.

I'll ask you one, and if you can answer it, you'll have your answer.

How do you usually copy a file, from one place to another?

???Videowave???

Use Windows Explorer to copy the Video_TS file from your DVD to a folder on your hard drive. Then launch Videowave, Add Movie by pointing it to the 1st vob file.

Use Windows Explorer to copy the Video_TS file from your DVD to a folder on your hard drive. Then launch Videowave, Add Movie by pointing it to the 1st vob file.

You are dealing with a person that can do....but does not always understand the language.

I have Internet Explorer? How do I locates the Video_TS file? Would it be okay to put it in my DVD folder once completed. Where is Videowave.

I know basic basic basic but I have never run into not being able to use movie maker then burn and copy.

For whatever reason this DVD that I made has an error on it that will not allow me to do what I understand...

Thanks for your patience....

You're asking a Computer 101 question.

I'll ask you one, and if you can answer it, you'll have your answer.

How do you usually copy a file, from one place to another?

You right click on the file hit copy.

So I loaded the DVD ...right clicked ...copy ....nothing happens

I open the DVD.

What should be playing the DVD as the Windows Media Player only address CD's so I can not copy it. But I can play the DVD and see the video that I have copied on it.

Are you understanding what I am up against here?

You right click on the file hit copy.

So I loaded the DVD ...right clicked ...copy ....nothing happens

I open the DVD.

What should be playing the DVD as the Windows Media Player only address CD's so I can not copy it. But I can play the DVD and see the video that I have copied on it.

Are you understanding what I am up against here?

Use Windows Explorer to look at the DVD. It should have a folder on it called Video_TS. Drag that folder to a folder you have made on your hard drive. Can you do that? If not I think you should go back and learn some of the basics of computer usage.

Archived