• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blinking Screen

BVPO

Question

I have installed Creator 2009 without problems and everything seems to work fine, I can burn CDs and DVDs correctly. However, after using the main window for a couple of minutes, for example while navigating through the tabs and options, or while a DVD (or CD) is burning the screen suddenly starts blinking and this can only be stopped by minimizing the window. It does not affect the program functions but it can be very annoying after some time. I read a similar post in this forum but in that case the problem was (probably) due to and old video card. I have a HP EliteBook 8530w which has a NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M with 512 MB so I do not think that the video card is the cause. I have been playing with the 3D settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel without luck. My only achievement so far is that I noticed that when I lower the resolution, for example from 1920x1200 (my native resolution) to 1600x1024, the problem seems to disappear. Does anyone have an idea that could help me to solve this problem? I am sorry if this information is not sufficient but please, let me know what additional data should I proportionate in order to give a better understanding of what my problem is.

2 answers to this question

I have installed Creator 2009 without problems and everything seems to work fine, I can burn CDs and DVDs correctly. However, after using the main window for a couple of minutes, for example while navigating through the tabs and options, or while a DVD (or CD) is burning the screen suddenly starts blinking and this can only be stopped by minimizing the window. It does not affect the program functions but it can be very annoying after some time. I read a similar post in this forum but in that case the problem was (probably) due to and old video card. I have a HP EliteBook 8530w which has a NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M with 512 MB so I do not think that the video card is the cause. I have been playing with the 3D settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel without luck. My only achievement so far is that I noticed that when I lower the resolution, for example from 1920x1200 (my native resolution) to 1600x1024, the problem seems to disappear. Does anyone have an idea that could help me to solve this problem? I am sorry if this information is not sufficient but please, let me know what additional data should I proportionate in order to give a better understanding of what my problem is.

Does this only occur if your are working with C2009? It certainly seems to be a graphics card related issue, perhaps some card setting. A quick google search shows a lot of hits with this problem on Nvidia cards when run at high resolution.

Does this only occur if your are working with C2009? It certainly seems to be a graphics card related issue, perhaps some card setting. A quick google search shows a lot of hits with this problem on Nvidia cards when run at high resolution.

Well, so far it only occurs with C2009 but I cannot discard completely the possibility that the problem is related with the card (or its drivers) since I do not have many applications that use 3D functions. Games and 3d plots seem to work fine at my native resolution. Should we conclude that it is unlikely that the problem is due to a bug or a minor problem in Creator 2009 software?

Archived