Sign in to follow this  
mmisgh@yahoo.com

Background Color

Question

Hello, Is there a way in video wave to fill the background with color? While adding pictures, we used the edit photo then cropped it into a shape. When we play the movie, the background (where the rest of the picture used to be) is now white. Before starting under productions settings I can see background color, but it only puts bars on each side and (nothing) when I hit fill. Just wanted to know if this is possible in this program, or do we have to go under photo editor and do it there. Thanks

4 answers to this question

I can't answer that with EMC 8 other than the deluxe version. In the deluxe, you can do that. You might want to try image cropper (free program) to resize your images and put a color background or you can do the same thing with something like Photoshop Elements 2. This solves the TV safe issue . You can always put a color panel in the main track and add the images on the overlay track. You can resize those to fit the TV safe zone. With the deluxe version, you can chose color and color variations. If I remember correctly, this is available in the wide screen format but I'm not sure it was available for the normal dimensions in the non- deluxe version. Your post seems to say that it is not.

Hello, Is there a way in video wave to fill the background with color? While adding pictures, we used the edit photo then cropped it into a shape. When we play the movie, the background (where the rest of the picture used to be) is now white. Before starting under productions settings I can see background color, but it only puts bars on each side and (nothing) when I hit fill. Just wanted to know if this is possible in this program, or do we have to go under photo editor and do it there. Thanks
Edited by sknis

Hi

Yes there is away to do it, in storyline veiw add your color panel then select add photo/video brouse to the photo you want double click it then on the screen that pops up select the last option insert on internal overlay track of selected panel once you've done that you can resize the photo to suit. Hope that helps you do want you want.

Hi

Yes there is away to do it, in storyline veiw add your color panel then select add photo/video brouse to the photo you want double click it then on the screen that pops up select the last option insert on internal overlay track of selected panel once you've done that you can resize the photo to suit. Hope that helps you do want you want.

Thank you will give it a shot!