• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vista Help But Not For Venue Or Qflix

StuG

Hi, I have a 3 year old dell that came with Roxio. I have the disc. The OS was XP but I recieved a disk to update to Vista which I did. This created an error with a driver that appears to control my dvd player which vista can not find or has a conflict with. I was trying to solve issue but accidentally uninstalled the Roxio product. Not sure that this was uninstalled all the way or not but I saw this being a known issue and I tried to install the patch which did not work. I can't re-install Roxio since my dvd reader is not working due to this driver issue with Vista. Can you please send me the steps that I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks for your help.

Vista shouldn't have a problem spotting any drive - unless it's SATA and needs the drivers installed at boot time (when you first install the OS) or manually added from the motherboard maker's site

You haven't given us a lot to go on really - but did you 'upgrade' XP to Vista or do a clean install? Upgrading an existing OS to another is fraught with more problems than you can shake a stick at (and bad drivers are among the least of those)