• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Drag To Disk Stopped Working

JamesFMcDonald

Hello all - I use Roxio 2009 but I find the R5-Drag to Disk handy. However it recently started producing an error message at the end of a run, on eject. The files are all transscribed OK but then there is a message "Failed to prepare media for CD-ROM or DVD ROM compatibility" and for example prepped DVDs will ot then play outside of Roxio. I cannot find any references to this error anywhere. CAn anyone advise?? Thanks Jim

Is this just one disc, or multiple discs? If multiple discs, the same spindle, or different brands? Has/have the disc(s) been re-used a lot?

Lynn

Hi - with all discs, all brand new. I have 2 dvd dual layer recorders. Same with both. HAve tried re-installing but same problem. Also on eject with VOB files, D2D used to comment that it looked like I was building a dvd, and ask for confirmation. This no longer happens either - I presume its the same problem.

Hello all - I use Roxio 2009 but I find the R5-Drag to Disk handy. However it recently started producing an error message at the end of a run, on eject. The files are all transscribed OK but then there is a message "Failed to prepare media for CD-ROM or DVD ROM compatibility" and for example prepped DVDs will ot then play outside of Roxio. I cannot find any references to this error anywhere. CAn anyone advise?? Thanks Jim

Creator 2009 does not have Drag to Disc (D2D) and ECDC 5 doesn't either. ECDC 5 has DirectCD which is very similar to D2D, is that what you are using?

ECDC 5 will work making a data DVD, but does not support Video.

Give us a step by step of what you are trying to do, and which program you are using, and the application in that program.

ogdens -

I was thinking that if he is using ECDC 5, that DirectCD would not be able to recognize a Dual-Layer DVD burner. I suspect even the main ECDC 5 applications are unlikely to recognize more than a generic burner.

DVD Video came along in ECD/DVDC 6, and Dual Layer support was EMC 7.1 if I remember correctly.

Lynn

Archived