Finally Got Creator 2009 Installed

cynden

Question

Purchased Creator 2009 in November, 2008 and have been trying since then to install this software. I have been in contact with Roxio tech support numerous times with no success. First I am running Windows Vista 32 bit. I had uninstalled all previous Roxio/Sonic products that I had. Finally I happened to see a reply to a question that I had not seen before, and I followed that suggestion which was very simple, and I am beyond thrilled that without major surgery to my computer, Creator 2009 is now officially installed.

Here is the link from the thread: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showforum=196 - follow the link.

Under the "Resolution" click on the 2009ContentDiscError_HotFix.zip follow its instruction and then reinstall Creator 2009. I was afraid to watch the installation and so I kept minimizing it, but holding my breath, and lo and behold it said installation was successful. I even opened the program just to make sure it worked and I am so thrilled.

I hope in my limited way this can help someone else get up and running. I am not a tech guru, just an old grandma that has just enough knowledge of computers to be dangerous (smile).

3 answers to this question

Good to hear but the "Hotfix" only applies to one specific install problem and will not fix anything beyond that…

They are still looking for the magic bullet :huh:

Well Jim, you were right regarding the Hotfix only applies to one specific install problem and would not fix anything beyond that.

My head has been hung in shame since I originally wrote. I have installed SP3, the Hotfix has been downloaded and applied and Creator 2009 installed so that I can see all the "pretty templates, cards, calendars, etc. But, my next problem is when I click on a project the message I am now getting is "Please insert the Content CD labelled" into a CD or DVD drive then click retry".

My Creator 2009 only came with the one DVD and I have looked and did a search for Content CD, but could not find anything. I am still hanging in here in anticipation that one day my Creator 2009 will up 100% up and running flawlessly.

Thank you in advance for any instructions or solutions from anyone, I appreciate it.

Archived