• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Install Fails

gman007

Question

Hey guys, just wondering if any one else had this issue and resolved it. I have windows xp pro and have the latest version of direct x,.net frame work. the problem i have is when i do a clean install i can get to installing emc11 content(youmust install emc 10 before content etc)

I then run content disc error hot fix and can only get to installing creator 2009 and then removal of setup !

i have also tried removing .net 3.5 3.0 2.0 and reinstalling 3.5 with no help

any help would be great!

13 answers to this question

It's possible it is installed - but not showing in add/remove programs. When I installed 2009, there was no 3.5 showing, but it was there.

Try the uninstaller anyway - it's a very small file and it won't do any harm

ggrussel. I have had all kinds of problems since the .NET framework 3.5 update - C2009 shows as a splash only. I am about to clone back a couple of weeks. I also had problems installing C2009 but had the basic . Net Framework 3.5 some time ago and the Roxio support never mentioned it - just kept telling me to do a clean re install.

It's possible it is installed - but not showing in add/remove programs. When I installed 2009, there was no 3.5 showing, but it was there.

Try the uninstaller anyway - it's a very small file and it won't do any harm

Is this a selective uninstall? Do I uinstall each version of .net framwork explicitly or will the program automatically pick and choose? I'm not sure what other programs on my machine currently use this framework functionality and I don't want to delete some older version of framework that might be used by a different application.

If this unistall get screwed up, do you now how it would impact the operating system and whether or not Restore would work correctly to get me back to the position I was at?

Before I queried this forum, I also sent an online request to the support team, but so far no response. I find it frustrating that I can't perform a selective install of the features I want and that the install seem to take so long from what I've been reading. Of course I haven't gotten that far yet to see how long the install will take for me.

I believe that program will pick up 3.5 SP, 3.5 and 2 - all of which can be removed as 3.5 installation also installs 2

There should be a link on that page for a detailed explanation

A Roxio Support tech, somebody named Banderson, posted on my support ticket that I should follow the Clean install instructions for Creator 2009 on Windows XP. He gave me a link. I don't have Creator installed as yet so I'm a little confused as to what it will do for me. Based upon what I read, I'm worried his suggestion will cause more trouble than it will fix. Any thoughts? Sorry to keep bugging you, but I'd rather throw Creator 2009 into the garbage rather than screw up my computer. Thanks

That's the help desk for you - start at page 1 no matter what the symptoms are :lol:

If you haven't installed - you don't NEED a clean install - you're already DOING it ;:

I'll give your suggestion a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the feedback.

There is a known issue with .net 3.5 SP1 if it is installed BEFORE Creator 2009. Uninstall that and then install Creator 2009 which will install .net 3.5 by default.

I'm having what appears to be the same problem during install on my XP machine with SP3. It just stops while attempting to install .Net Framework 3.5. I just checked my Add/Remove programs and all I see there are entries for Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1, Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366), and Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1. No mention of version 3.5. Any thoughts on how I should proceed. Thanks.

Archived