• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Vob Files From Dvd

modsue

Question

Hello,

I am about to purchase a new computer for my teenager, with an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor, and Vista Home Premium 64 bit, 8 gB of RAM.

I have researched a lot of video editing programs and seems Easy Media Creator 10 works well with 64 bit.

My son records television shows onto a DVD via a DVD re-corder, which are .vob files. He takes the recorded DVD, puts it into his PC and converts those .vob files to mp4 using freeware; then edits into snippets and adds commentary, to post on you tube (he currently converts to mp4 to post to youtube, but youtube certainly supports other formats that I know Easy Media Creator can create).

I see that Easy Media Creator supports import of .vob files, so what I am trying to determine is whether this program will work for him. In other words, will he be able to import his .vob files from his recorded DVD into the software, convert them and edit them into a format supported by you tube? or does Easy Media Creator only import .vob files via a hardware device such as a camcorder.

The freeware conversion process is very slow. I think it would be better if he used one integrated program but couldn't tell from all my research if Easy Media Creator is good for this process.

I appreciate any input. I have done much research before posting here, but do forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

5 answers to this question

Vista Home Premium 64 bit

Why 64bit?

Easy Media Creator 10 works well with 64 bit.
:unsure:

I see that Easy Media Creator supports import of .vob files

Should, unless it's some proprietary protected vob format.

The freeware conversion process is very slow.

Converting video is slow even with new fast processors.

Easy Media Creator 10

The current version is Creator 2009. If bought from the Roxio store a 30 Day like it or return it policy is in effect.

cd

Thanks for your comments. much appreciated.

The new PCs, when you get into the slighlty more expensive models with quad core processors, all come with Vista 64 bit (you can't even choose 32 bit anymore in these models). I have read that some programs haven't caught up yet with 64 bit but that it is the way computers are going so we thought we'd jump in.

I know the new version of Roxio is the one with Creator 2009, but it doesn't seem to have been rated compatible with Vista 64 bit, whereas Easy media Creator 10 has been rated compatible.

I have found many people saying Easy Media Creator 10 works well on their vista 64 bit systems. Is that not the experience people have had on here?

Curious!

The problem is that while 64 bit is the way of the future - that's exactly what it is - in the future, despite the fact that MS have had a 64 bit OS out for some years now (XP Pro 64)

Apart from some very pricy CAD programs, there are NO 64 bit apps available, there are also driver problems with the 64 bit OS

And Creator 2009 does work - check the Windows 7 Beta forum (and keep in mind that W7 is really just Vista SE). It would seem that there are problems in the 64 bit Vista that are causing a lot of hiccups, rather than the apps themselves

Certification - MS issue certification for apps and if they certify it for Vista, that means that it works (on their machines) in all variants - otherwise they would say so

Thanks for your comments. much appreciated.

The new PCs, when you get into the slighlty more expensive models with quad core processors, all come with Vista 64 bit (you can't even choose 32 bit anymore in these models). I have read that some programs haven't caught up yet with 64 bit but that it is the way computers are going so we thought we'd jump in.

I know the new version of Roxio is the one with Creator 2009, but it doesn't seem to have been rated compatible with Vista 64 bit, whereas Easy media Creator 10 has been rated compatible.

I have found many people saying Easy Media Creator 10 works well on their vista 64 bit systems. Is that not the experience people have had on here?

Curious!

Actually there have been a lot of posts from people with problems using Vista64 and it doesn't matter which EMC they are using. Vista64 is overrrated and very few applications make or can use the 64bit features.

Archived