• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 2009 Freeze

bobA

Question

5 answers to this question

What happens when you go through the Start – All Programs menu and select one of the Applications other than Home?

Thanks for responding. I went through the start menu, selected the "Creator Classic" under creator 2009, Applications. I got a Creator Classic splash screen and nothing more for 2 minutes. When I tried IE to respond to you, I wasn't able to either type into the address bar or pull down previous addresses with the mouse. I tried to shutdown IE and got "not responding" on the top with the faded screen. I then tried to shut down. IE went away as well as the splash, but the system didn't shutdown. I had to use the power button again to get back.

With an onboard graphics chipset (Intel GMA 950), your computer is under spec for most things - that could be the problem

Also, before doing anything, make sure that all runnig apps are closed - these eat up resources

I have the Intel 8294SG chip set and 2Gig of ram. No other aps were running.

Same thing applies (btw the info on the chipset came from Compaq so don't blame me for getting it wrong) ;)

In general onboard graphics aren't really man enough for any serious video work - you could try using software rendering (in videowave under tools, options) and see if that helps