Burned Dvd Audio Issue Playing On Wmp

RageBrad

Question

Burned a DVD using the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS files on my hard drive to Roxio Drag to Disc. The DVD will play fine using my Power DVD program, but will only play video and not audio on Windows Media Player 11.

If anyone else has come across this and has a solution I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

Brad

7 answers to this question

When I want to Burn a DVD from a movie file on my hard drive I go to the DVD drive under My Computer, right click and the Drag to Disc option comes up. It appears on my desktop and I just drag the files to it and it copies them.

When I right click on Drag to Disc, it has the option, About Drag to Disc. When I left click on that it brings up Roxio Drag-to-Disc 910B54B.ENU.DLP (D2D32_91). Under the Program menu it has Roxio Creater DE, so I figured the Drag-to-Disc was just a part of the Roxio Creater program.

When I want to Burn a DVD from a movie file on my hard drive I go to the DVD drive under My Computer, right click and the Drag to Disc option comes up. It appears on my desktop and I just drag the files to it and it copies them.

When I right click on Drag to Disc, it has the option, About Drag to Disc. When I left click on that it brings up Roxio Drag-to-Disc 910B54B.ENU.DLP (D2D32_91). Under the Program menu it has Roxio Creater DE, so I figured the Drag-to-Disc was just a part of the Roxio Creater program.

It is part of your stripped down version of the software, but you can't burn a DVD movie with Drag to Disc.

It is part of your stripped down version of the software, but you can't burn a DVD movie with Drag to Disc.

When I drag the files to Drag to Disc it lets me select if this is a data file or a DVD video. It also plays fine on power DVD, so it seems like I am burning a DVD movie. I just can't get the audio to work on Windows Media Player.

DVD Video is a very specific format, not a data disc.

Re-read post #3, very carefully.

Lynn

When I drag the files to Drag to Disc it lets me select if this is a data file or a DVD video. It also plays fine on power DVD, so it seems like I am burning a DVD movie. I just can't get the audio to work on Windows Media Player.

Yes, it will let you copy the files, as data, to a DVD, but try one of those Drag to Disc movie discs, in your set top DVD player, and let us know what happens. I'll bet it doesn't work.

When you "format" the disc for Drag2Disc, you have created a specialized disc that only will work with the program that formatted it - sometimes not even different Versions of the same formatting program (Drag2Disc, Sonic's DLA, Nero's InCD, etc).

To make a data disc (which may or may not be readable by a DVD playing device, depending on the device), you need to use a data-burning program such as Roxio's Creator Classic, or the WinXP built-in burning ability.

To make a Video DVD (with proper, video-compliant files) you need use the correct copying program within the suite. Or, or you could creating a Video DVD from files of your own with VideoWave. These programs may or may not be in your limited OEM Version from Dell.

However, once you format it for Drag2Disc, it's not any good for any of the reliable programs in the suite. BTW - Packet-Writing is excellent for losing data permanently.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109