• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Media Manager Services

miltonian

Question

5 answers to this question

Media Manager err - it manages your media ;)

Actually it catalogues all media files on the hard drive but you can turn it off

9.0 is two versions behind the current one (Creator 2009) but there is a version 9 (the Red Box one) that is a cut down version of the full suite. There are also OEM versions being sold - again these are cut down versions with some functions crippled

If you get 9.0, check that it comes on two discs (program and content) - OEMs are usually single disc

I've got the OEM version. Will it still do the job?

It depends on what you want to do.

You say you want "to burn my CDs and label them". If it is just data CDs and basic Music CD mixes, WinXP can do it; and there are a lot of label programs out there. EMC 9 can do other things in the realm of CD burning, such as editing the music and making a boot CD.

EMC 9 is certainly a very capable Video edition program (the full Version; different OEM Versions vary in what they can do).

So you need to be more specific in what you want to burn.

Lynn

It depends on what you want to do.

You say you want "to burn my CDs and label them". If it is just data CDs and basic Music CD mixes, WinXP can do it; and there are a lot of label programs out there. EMC 9 can do other things in the realm of CD burning, such as editing the music and making a boot CD.

EMC 9 is certainly a very capable Video edition program (the full Version; different OEM Versions vary in what they can do).

So you need to be more specific in what you want to burn.

Lynn

Thank you for the quick answer.

What I would like to do is to make music cd's and make fancy labels.

Thank you for the quick answer.

What I would like to do is to make music cd's and make fancy labels.

The "fancy labels" is the part that will give you trouble with the DE version you have, because Label Creator isn't included with it. However, there are many inexpensive or free applications for making labels. I would also suggest considering getting a printer that lets you print directly onto ink-jet printable discs. My Epson came with a nice utility for creating the labels to be printed using that printer.

So, for Music CDs, you can use what you've got. The labels will require a different utility. You can also use something like Word or whatever your favorite page layout program is, and create your own template for labels.

Hope that helps!

Media Manager err - it manages your media ;)

Actually it catalogues all media files on the hard drive but you can turn it off

9.0 is two versions behind the current one (Creator 2009) but there is a version 9 (the Red Box one) that is a cut down version of the full suite. There are also OEM versions being sold - again these are cut down versions with some functions crippled

If you get 9.0, check that it comes on two discs (program and content) - OEMs are usually single disc

Archived