• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Automate Roxio Creator 9

sco44

I need to automate Roxio Creator 9 using “.bat” files. Is there any info about this?

I can open Roxio but I do not know the DOS command how to create CD (click the red button).

Please help!

Actually, there is no published command-line interface. Now, from what you said, I'm not sure if you have Easy Media Creator 9, or Roxio Creator 2009, they're two versions apart. But, in either case, there is no published set of calls to automate creation of a CD.

Are you just trying to write a set of files to the disc? One option, depending on what version of Creator you have, and what version of Windows, would be to do it via packet writing, where you first format the CD, then treat it like any other drive. This is considered only good for short-term storage, and the disc may not be readable on another machine. It is also only useful for Data CDs.

So, if you could give us some more details of exactly what type of disc (data, video, audio) you're trying to create and what the application is (transfer of data to another PC, long-term storage, etc.) then maybe we can come up with some other ideas.

Dave -

There is a "Roxio Creator 9 DE" and "Roxio Creator 9 XE", and mayabe even Roxio Creator 9 Basic - all of which are stripped down Versions of Easy Media Creator 9, and it's hard to say what is in them.

In the case of XE, I believe that is from Mad Dog and they are no longer in business.

If it is DE, I'm not sure how co-operative Dell would be with the OP to modify their OEM [Original Equipment Mfgr] Version, even if the OEM providor undertakes to provide the support when they buy the OEM rights.

Lynn

Dave

When I click on the icon the flash screen shows “Easy Media Creator 9” for 2 sec. and then “Roxio Creator DE” opens. Windows XP

I made “.bat” file to copy files (data flies) to folder for archiving. My next step is to copy all this to CD or DVD. I would like to automate this process so I could start my .bat file and go home and have ready CD when I am back to work next day.

I was able to open Roxio project with files I need to burn (name.roxio) and now I would like to force Roxio to burn CD.

Thanks

Edited by sco44

Dave

When I click on the icon the flash screen shows “Easy Media Creator 9” for 2 sec. and then “Roxio Creator DE” opens. Windows XP

I made “.bat” file to copy files (data flies) to folder for archiving. My next step is to copy all this to CD or DVD. I would like to automate this process so I could start my .bat file and go home and have ready CD when I am back to work next day.

I was able to open Roxio project with files I need to burn (name.roxio) and now I would like to force Roxio to burn CD.

Thanks

I'm not sure if EMC 9 DE (the Dell version) includes Direct CD or not, I don't think it does. I don't think you can do what you want without going through the GUI interface and manually clicking the Burn button. At least I've never heard of anyone doing it, and many have asked over the years. Sorry.

Dave

When I click on the icon the flash screen shows "Easy Media Creator 9" for 2 sec. and then "Roxio Creator DE" opens. Windows XP

I made ".bat" file to copy files (data flies) to folder for archiving. My next step is to copy all this to CD or DVD. I would like to automate this process so I could start my .bat file and go home and have ready CD when I am back to work next day.

Thanks

I doubt very much that you could create a BAT file that will work. Anyway what would you gain? A burn takes maybe at most 15 minutes (for a DVD) and then your system just sits there the rest of the night.