• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

HELP! Can't Burn to Disk!

coreyna@tpsh.com.au

Question

Hi, The problem I am having is that despite having used MyDVD 8 (Essentials) to burn a dvd only last month, when I went to burn an updated version of my slideshow I wasn't able to. When I click 'burn' 'Burn to Disk' is not an available option. :huh: Underneath It reads, 'no disc burners available.' Also my project size is 1192 mb if that makes any difference. Another point to note is that a few days ago when I was having this problem I tried to burn the DVD as an image on the hardrive but when I clicked that button nothing happened. A re-boot of my P.C fixed that problem though so I don't know if it's relevant. Would really appreciate any help in this as I have fiddled for ages and still have absolutely no idea. :)

Thanks,

Coreyna

coreyna@tpsh.com.au

3 answers to this question

Hi, The problem I am having is that despite having used MyDVD 8 (Essentials) to burn a dvd only last month, when I went to burn an updated version of my slideshow I wasn't able to. When I click 'burn' 'Burn to Disk' is not an available option. :huh: Underneath It reads, 'no disc burners available.' Also my project size is 1192 mb if that makes any difference. Another point to note is that a few days ago when I was having this problem I tried to burn the DVD as an image on the hardrive but when I clicked that button nothing happened. A re-boot of my P.C fixed that problem though so I don't know if it's relevant. Would really appreciate any help in this as I have fiddled for ages and still have absolutely no idea. :)

Thanks,

Coreyna

coreyna@tpsh.com.au

Make sure when you put the disc in the drive, you give it a few seconds to read the disc and of course, make sure you have the proper type of media (- or +).

If the drives are not being recognized, you can try this which works for some.

Finally, you can try removing the drive in device manager, then rebooting.

Have you added any other similar software or disc device utility? If so, it might have caused a conflict in you system.

Hi,

None of your suggestions ended up solving the problem. I just did a complete uninstall/re-install of the program and everything seems to be working fine. I have no idea what was wrong. Thanks for all your help,

Coreyna :)

Glad you got it working. It's hard to tell what causes this as it could be anything from another installed program trying to take control to a Windows update and anything in between.

Archived