• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help! Easy Cd & Dvd Burning (sm. Red Box)

My3Boys

Question

Please help me...I just purchased Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Burning software from Best Buy yesterday. I have it installed (finally). Now that it's installed, when I go to the desktop and double-click on the icon, sometimes it loads and other times it just hangs there. When it DOES load, you can't click on anything. I have to reboot my system...what in the world is going on? I have LOTS of home video of my family and kids that are already on DVD's that I want to make a second copy for safe-keeping.

I have Windows XP Home Edition...pretty much, everything is up-to-date. The computer is a little over a year old or so.

Thanks in advance for ANY help you may have. I've been working on this all day!!!!

8 answers to this question

Can you run any of the apps individually from the start menu?

No, I can't. Once the screen comes up, you can't click on anything, not help, or any of them. I'm soooo confused. I'm pretty experienced w/ software. This is a first for me....thanks

No, I can't. Once the screen comes up, you can't click on anything, not help, or any of them. I'm soooo confused. I'm pretty experienced w/ software. This is a first for me....thanks

Not what was asked…

Daithi wanted to know if your can go through Start – All Programs and start one of the apps – Not The Home app.

post-39730-1233786007.jpg

Not what was asked…

Daithi wanted to know if your can go through Start – All Programs and start one of the apps – Not The Home app.

post-39730-1233786007.jpg

No...I just tried that and when I clicked on Easy Cd/DVD / "data" / "creator classic", the opening window comes up and just sits there and doesn't do anything beyond that (it's sort of orange w/ cameras/discs/phones in the center)...Now. several minutes later, it's still just hanging there....

Please help me...I just purchased Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Burning software from Best Buy yesterday. I have it installed (finally). Now that it's installed, when I go to the desktop and double-click on the icon, sometimes it loads and other times it just hangs there. When it DOES load, you can't click on anything. I have to reboot my system...what in the world is going on? I have LOTS of home video of my family and kids that are already on DVD's that I want to make a second copy for safe-keeping.

I have Windows XP Home Edition...pretty much, everything is up-to-date. The computer is a little over a year old or so.

Thanks in advance for ANY help you may have. I've been working on this all day!!!!

From Pam needing help----Wow I have had the same problem and can't seem to get any answers.. Have you found out what to do??? :blink:

No...I just tried that and when I clicked on Easy Cd/DVD / "data" / "creator classic", the opening window comes up and just sits there and doesn't do anything beyond that (it's sort of orange w/ cameras/discs/phones in the center)...Now. several minutes later, it's still just hanging there....

Thanks!

Then the Clean Install process would be in order – Here

This will probably fix it or at least give us a base line point.

Archived