• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Multiple Copies To Disk Issue

esiTech

Question

For some reason the EMC 7.1.0.183 software is causing problems while burning multiple copies of a data disk. It has been working for a while now and why it causes problems now, I don't know.

I would click on Create Classic

Search for the file(s) I need to copy to cd

Next, I would click on the burn icon and it would show me a window of how many copies, etc.

Click Burn and it would proceed.

Sometimes when a copy is completed, I examine the bottom of the cd and notice multiple rings...not like usual where there would be one solid burn mark...this was different. I tried the odd cd and it would open some of the documents fine but others, like PDFs would be a problem viewing pages. There are other times where I would test a burned cd on another computer and would cause problems opening the document--but why didn't i see an error message?

Today I had to produce 3 cd's all with different files on each and I couldn't complete one cd. I should have written down the message but after trying a few more times to duplicate the message, it doesn't want to duplicate.

Is it a software issue or hardware?

1 answer to this question