Media Creator 2009 - Uninstall Old Releases First!

CharlesHnVA

Question

Although neither the manual or the software tell you, uninstall any previous releases of Creator BEFORE installing Creator 2009. Would be nice if the software told you this or even better, did the uninstall itself after asking! This screwed up Windows Media Player that resulted in other problems on my system and took me five days to straighten out! Roxio technical support was of little help sending a canned answer to my ticket about uninstalling old software. The detail link in the ticket included unnecessary stuff about stopping started tasks and editing the registry.

1 answer to this question

Although neither the manual or the software tell you, uninstall any previous releases of Creator BEFORE installing Creator 2009. Would be nice if the software told you this or even better, did the uninstall itself after asking! This screwed up Windows Media Player that resulted in other problems on my system and took me five days to straighten out! Roxio technical support was of little help sending a canned answer to my ticket about uninstalling old software. The detail link in the ticket included unnecessary stuff about stopping started tasks and editing the registry.

There is no reason to uninstall any previous version of EMC - many of us have several versions installed without problem. You propably have some other problems with your system and a complete clean install is necessary. Of course you know better and consider the recommendations "unnecessary"

Archived