• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slow Motion Encoding With Hd Video

Jeans

Question

Have been using EMC10 for awhile and can usually work out any problems. Just got a new Sony HD mini DV camcorder and put my first batch of my childrens' basketball games on DL disks (4 to a disk). It took forever to encode, at least 12 hours. I was wondering if that is because it is HD. It use to take just 2 to 3 hours for standard def with about 5, 40 minute vids to a DL. In the end the project was fine, just took forever! Okay that is question 1 now on the next project which was basically the same just different video clips I kept getting an error while encoding the menu of 8007000e. Since the encoding is taking 12 hours I can't keep repeating this. What does this message mean? I have started the project again this time from scratch to remedy a possible error in the menu music and am encoding again so can't really get machine specs yet if you need them.

4 answers to this question

Problem One: Yes it takes longer using HD, a lot longer!

My tests for a 1 hour AVCHD (1920 X 180P) showed 12 1/2 to 12 3/4 to render with a 3Ghz P4.

Using a dual core 2.1Ghz it dropped to 4 1/2 hours…

But it is not clear at all how much time you are using or what output settings you are using.

Problem Two: ??? are you talking about an error at the end of the encoding cycle?

burned to an iso file without error but now cannot burn to disk. Keeps telling me to try another disk but it is not the disk. I have tried others. I am so frustrated! I always have trouble copying an iso file to disk. am using Verbatim +r dl.

burned to an iso file without error but now cannot burn to disk. Keeps telling me to try another disk but it is not the disk. I have tried others. I am so frustrated! I always have trouble copying an iso file to disk. am using Verbatim +r dl.

We can keep guessing at this for weeks on end or you can sit down and write out what you doing and what happens in detail…

Have you checked to see if that .iso file didn't cut off everything after 2 hours? It has always done it, since version 7.1.1.189.

I would burn that production to a Folder Set, at high quality, instead. Then try to burn that Folder Set, to a DVD, using Video Copy and Convert.

Problem One: Yes it takes longer using HD, a lot longer!

My tests for a 1 hour AVCHD (1920 X 180P) showed 12 1/2 to 12 3/4 to render with a 3Ghz P4.

Using a dual core 2.1Ghz it dropped to 4 1/2 hours…

But it is not clear at all how much time you are using or what output settings you are using.

Problem Two: ??? are you talking about an error at the end of the encoding cycle?

Archived