• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Able To Capture Video But No Sound Using Roxio Capture Device

Gutor

Question

I have installed in my pc EMC9 OEM version that came bundled w/ Dell computer. Afterwards I bought Roxio Easy? VHS to DVD capture device. I am able to capture home videos from VHS player, but the audio portion is missing, I don't hear any preview sound before capturing video. I installed as per instruccion sheet that came in box of EVtoDVd, that if you already had EMC9 installed to download drivers from roxio site. I checked in device manager and the drivers are video: roxio Tech date:14/11/2008, ver:5.8.912.1114, drvdetails: eMPIA Tech ver: 5.7.1107.0. USB 2861 device: Microsoft date: 21/06/2006 ver: 6.0.6001.18000.

Reading other similar problems in other topics I even tried to apply SP3 download from Roxio but when I try to install I received the message: Creator 9 not found, uninstall and reinstall again then try and got the same result. Not found.

The main purpose is to burn home videos to DVD but without sound there is no purpose. Please advice what else can I do or if I have done something in wrong secuence. Would appreciate some guidance from experienced gurus or newbies like me that had the same problem. Thank you for your time and patience.

13 answers to this question

I thought I answered most of those questions in post # 11!

If you reinstall other Roxio software you run the risk of breaking your Easy VCR to DVD software.

Read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry255935

Roxio VideoWave and MyDVD, try MS Movie maker too tell us what YOU like....

cd

Thank you for your answer. The road is clear, post #11, upgrade to Creator Ultimate + capture device or the cheaper alt. use what I have already working and give a try to Roxio Video Wave & MyDVD or MS MMkr. Appreciate yr time and help.

Thank you. I will perform indicated procedure and will inform of outcome.

Ok I performed the procedure and was able to capture video with sound using Roxio Easy VHS to DVD capture device. Thank you very much for your help.

Afterwards I tried tpo edit the videos in EMC9 but previous uninstall and reinstall apparently produced corrupted files in Video Wave. I have noticed that you have clean installation procedures outlined at the bottom of one of your replies. I will try to follow it in order to have the software working right. Thank again I will keep you posted on results. :)

Ok I performed the procedure and was able to capture video with sound using Roxio Easy VHS to DVD capture device. Thank you very much for your help.

Afterwards I tried tpo edit the videos in EMC9 but previous uninstall and reinstall apparently produced corrupted files in Video Wave. I have noticed that you have clean installation procedures outlined at the bottom of one of your replies. I will try to follow it in order to have the software working right. Thank again I will keep you posted on results. :)

If you install the Dell Version you will wreck it again!

It is a one or the other deal, you can't have both.

Do you have Easy Media Creator 9 or Creator 2009? These are two completely different versions

SP3 was for Creator 2009 - not EMC9

Also, you have an OEM version with components removed and others disabled (AC3 audio being one) so it's possible that the VCR gubbins just won't work in conjunction with your suite

I have installed asper about window(The main window reads Easy Media Creator 9):

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.117

Build: 901B17R, DL2

Serial Number: deleted

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 3.2.52a, 99

Module Name: Roxio Core

Version: 3.3.0

Build: 331B17F, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Tools

Build: 330B40C, DLE

Module Name: Roxio Creator Data

Build: 330B45D, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Copy

Build: 330B45C, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio

Build: 330B49G, DLD

If the two are not compatible what do you advice me to do in that case?

I have installed asper about window(The main window reads Easy Media Creator 9):

Roxio Creator DE

Version: 9.0.117

Build: 901B17R, DL2

Serial Number: deleted

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 3.2.52a, 99

Module Name: Roxio Core

Build: 331B17F, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Tools

Build: 330B40C, DLE

Module Name: Roxio Creator Data

Build: 330B45D, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Copy

Build: 330B45C, DLD

Module Name: Roxio Creator Audio

Build: 330B49G, DLD

If the two are not compatible what do you advice me to do in that case?

Post moved. You are talking about two different products, neither of which is Creator 2009. This forum best suited the software you used to capture.

Ok. No problem. But can you please advice what to do in my case. Thank you.

Uninstall the Easy VHS to DVD software and the Roxio USB Capture Device Driver from control panel, add remove programs.

With the Roxio USB Capture Device plugged into a USB port, open Device manager, expand the + next to Sound, video and game controllers. If the Roxio USB Capture Device is listed, right click on it uninstall it, if the USB Audio Device shows right click uninstall it, now unplug the Roxio USB Capture Device and reboot the PC.

After the pc reboots, plug in the Roxio Video Capture USB first. Cancel the Hardware Wizard. Install the Easy VHS to DVD software and the driver should be automatically installed.

cd

If you install the Dell Version you will wreck it again!

It is a one or the other deal, you can't have both.

Ok understood your advice. Just one more possibility, I also have access to EMC10. Will the video capture work with EMC10?

Thanks again for your pro advice.

Ok understood your advice. Just one more possibility, I also have access to EMC10. Will the video capture work with EMC10?

Thanks again for your pro advice.

You bought 'Easy VHS to DVD software with the Roxio USB Capture Device'.

If you didn't want to use that software and wanted a full version software, you should of bought C2009 Ultimate or Special Edition with the Roxio USB Capture Device.

The drivers and software are different, so a conflict mixing them.

cd

Uninstall the Easy VHS to DVD software and the Roxio USB Capture Device Driver from control panel, add remove programs.

With the Roxio USB Capture Device plugged into a USB port, open Device manager, expand the + next to Sound, video and game controllers. If the Roxio USB Capture Device is listed, right click on it uninstall it, if the USB Audio Device shows right click uninstall it, now unplug the Roxio USB Capture Device and reboot the PC.

After the pc reboots, plug in the Roxio Video Capture USB first. Cancel the Hardware Wizard. Install the Easy VHS to DVD software and the driver should be automatically installed.

cd

Thank you. I will perform indicated procedure and will inform of outcome.

You bought 'Easy VHS to DVD software with the Roxio USB Capture Device'.

If you didn't want to use that software and wanted a full version software, you should of bought C2009 Ultimate or Special Edition with the Roxio USB Capture Device.

The drivers and software are different, so a conflict mixing them.

cd

OK understood the relatioship with EMC's. However could you please clarify the following subjects.

1)I use to burn my music cd's using EMC9. Since in the procedure of finding a solution for my previous problem with 'Easy VHS to DVD software with the Roxio USB Capture Device', before you gave me the solution that fixed it, I deleted EMC9 know that I tried using the clean installation procedure when I start reinstalling EMC9 from original CD program I get the message:"The following products are not supported on the current operating system(Vista32). These products won't be installed: Roxio Creator BDAV Plugin. Before I continue trying to install EMC(for music purposes), Could you please advice a better course of action? Shoul I stick to EMC9 or use other better software that you reccomend?

2) Separate issue, concerning 'Easy VHS to DVD software with the Roxio USB Capture Device' . Once I have captured my old VHS videos what software do you reccomend for editing into a production? Roxio Easy or MS Movie maker? What software do you reccomend to burn the final production into a DVD? Thank you for your time and experience.

OK understood the relatioship with EMC's. However could you please clarify the following subjects.

1)I use to burn my music cd's using EMC9. Since in the procedure of finding a solution for my previous problem with 'Easy VHS to DVD software with the Roxio USB Capture Device', before you gave me the solution that fixed it, I deleted EMC9 know that I tried using the clean installation procedure when I start reinstalling EMC9 from original CD program I get the message:"The following products are not supported on the current operating system(Vista32). These products won't be installed: Roxio Creator BDAV Plugin. Before I continue trying to install EMC(for music purposes), Could you please advice a better course of action? Shoul I stick to EMC9 or use other better software that you reccomend?

2) Separate issue, concerning 'Easy VHS to DVD software with the Roxio USB Capture Device' . Once I have captured my old VHS videos what software do you reccomend for editing into a production? Roxio Easy or MS Movie maker? What software do you reccomend to burn the final production into a DVD? Thank you for your time and experience.

I thought I answered most of those questions in post # 11!

If you reinstall other Roxio software you run the risk of breaking your Easy VCR to DVD software.

Read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...mp;#entry255935

Roxio VideoWave and MyDVD, try MS Movie maker too tell us what YOU like....

cd

Archived