• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Gary Dunn

Slideshow Screen

Question

I have created a slide show. When I am in the section where the photos are displayed (Step 1), the program keeps scrolling through the slide show. I can use the slider bar on the right to move to a different section, but just seconds later it goes back to the position it was originally in and continues to scroll through the show to the end.

Sometimes the function that allows you to pick on a photo and drag it to a different location works, sometimes it doesn't. Obviously the problem noted above compounds this problem becuase the screen shot keeps moving while you are trying to move the photo. Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Dunn

8 answers to this question

I have created a slide show. When I am in the section where the photos are displayed (Step 1), the program keeps scrolling through the slide show. I can use the slider bar on the right to move to a different section, but just seconds later it goes back to the position it was originally in and continues to scroll through the show to the end.

Sometimes the function that allows you to pick on a photo and drag it to a different location works, sometimes it doesn't. Obviously the problem noted above compounds this problem becuase the screen shot keeps moving while you are trying to move the photo. Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Dunn

I assume you are using Videowave.

Have you paused the slideshow before you try to move /edit the photo? Do you click on the photo you are trying to move and it ignores this and goes to a different section in the slideshow?

Being a novice, I'm not sure if I am using Videowave. I don't know how to pause the slideshow; maybe that is the problem. Yes I click on a photo and it does seem to ignore me and go to a different section. If I am fast, I have been able to move a slide before it goes to another location. Very frustrating.

I assume you are using Videowave.

Have you paused the slideshow before you try to move /edit the photo? Do you click on the photo you are trying to move and it ignores this and goes to a different section in the slideshow?

Being a novice, I'm not sure if I am using Videowave. I don't know how to pause the slideshow; maybe that is the problem. Yes I click on a photo and it does seem to ignore me and go to a different section. If I am fast, I have been able to move a slide before it goes to another location. Very frustrating.

Videowave is the program you should be using to edit video productions. If you don't have it, it's likely because the Roxio product you are using came pre-installed on your pc and doesn't have all features available.

Videowave is part of the EMC10 Suite, and should look like this when you have called up the program (Start>Programs>Roxio EMC10> Videowave)

Note that I circled the "pause" key. Just pause the slideshow and then click on the photo before you edit / attempt to move it and you should be all set.videoyz2.jpg

This photo shows a slideshow with a picture clicked for editing:

video2qu5.jpg

Edited by Syrallas

Videowave is the program you should be using to edit video productions. If you don't have it, it's likely because the Roxio product you are using came pre-installed on your pc and doesn't have all features available.

Videowave is part of the EMC10 Suite, and should look like this when you have called up the program (Start>Programs>Roxio EMC10> Videowave)

Note that I circled the "pause" key. Just pause the slideshow and then click on the photo before you edit / attempt to move it and you should be all set.videoyz2.jpg

This photo shows a slideshow with a picture clicked for editing:

video2qu5.jpg

Like your Avatar slide :)

Did you use VW to do that one...cool

agreement5.gif

Gary – yes, I have had that happen all too often. Wait it out for 1 or 2 hour movie!!!

Never did pin down the reason but 2 workarounds…

1. Switch to Storyline view, probably better for slides anyway.

2. If in Timeline be careful near the edges of the Production Editor pane. It triggers if you push past the edge of time shown and the video begins to scroll to catch up and you release the mouse button.

Mine still does this in Creator 2009 and I am not sure why… I have a newer video card in the mail and will have to test this when it gets here!

I have tried this on 2 other PC's and the problem does not surface so maybe it is my video card. Most current update for that card was 2006.

Gary – yes, I have had that happen all too often. Wait it out for 1 or 2 hour movie!!!

Never did pin down the reason but 2 workarounds…

1. Switch to Storyline view, probably better for slides anyway.

2. If in Timeline be careful near the edges of the Production Editor pane. It triggers if you push past the edge of time shown and the video begins to scroll to catch up and you release the mouse button.

Mine still does this in Creator 2009 and I am not sure why… I have a newer video card in the mail and will have to test this when it gets here!

I have tried this on 2 other PC's and the problem does not surface so maybe it is my video card. Most current update for that card was 2006.

Mine does the same thing, in Timeline view, as well, in both EMC 10 and Creator 2009.

Edited by grandpabruce

Thanks so much for the input. I did find Videowave and tried to edit from there. Unfortunately it crashes my system everytime I use Videowave. I'm beginning to think that it is also a problem with my video card.

I appreciate everybody's help. Much more than I got out of Roxio.

Thanks so much for the input. I did find Videowave and tried to edit from there. Unfortunately it crashes my system everytime I use Videowave. I'm beginning to think that it is also a problem with my video card.

I appreciate everybody's help. Much more than I got out of Roxio.

Let us know what you find – I will post results when my card gets here next week.