Any support at all?

gfinlayez6

Question

I have been running with a problem burning video DVD's using Roxio 8 on my desktop and Easymedia 7 on my lap top for 10 days now. The one and only response from Roxio was update everything, which I did to no effect. I am now faced with a complete wall of silence. The two tickets I have been running have been deleted, and the one I raised in their place is being ignored.

What a shameful lack of support for genuine customers. I am amazed that they continue in business. I certainly will be moving away from them, and recommending my friends do likewise.

:)

2 answers to this question

I have been running with a problem burning video DVD's using Roxio 8 on my desktop and Easymedia 7 on my lap top for 10 days now. The one and only response from Roxio was update everything, which I did to no effect. I am now faced with a complete wall of silence. The two tickets I have been running have been deleted, and the one I raised in their place is being ignored.

What a shameful lack of support for genuine customers. I am amazed that they continue in business. I certainly will be moving away from them, and recommending my friends do likewise.

Well, you've reached a user forum here. We have no visibility to whatever tickets you may have sent to customer support, but if you post the problems you're having, clearly and in as much detail as you can, there's a pretty good chance you'll get a reply.

Details such as, make/model of burner, version of Windows, what version(s) of Easy Media Creator you're running, which part of the suite (DVD Builder, Videowave, Music Disc Creator, etc.) and what error messages (quoted exactly if possible) will give us a good start. Also, the various things you've tried, and what effect, if any, that they've had.

I know it's like starting over, but it's a pretty responsive group of folks here.

Also post what updates you have made recently and any new software you may have installed. things to watch out for are the new Windows patches that break certain computers and anti-virus updates.

Archived