• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To

joyceandfrank

Question

Just purchased Roxio creator 2009. Before opening the box want to ensure it will do what I want. Will this program allow me to create chapters when making photo slide show? Example; I went to Alaska for 10 days. I want to break each day into a chapter so when I create a DVD to show on my TV, I can go right to chapter 5 (or day 5 for instance). Can I create a chapter menu at the beginning of my show? <_<<_<<_<

12 answers to this question

Jim,

What a great help you have been so far with my Roxio Creator 2009. Now I have created some great movies, with chapters and "Play All" button and all. Next problem, these movies play great on my desktop PC (the one I created the movie on), but when I take my notebook to a friends house to show the movie, it looks out of focus, skips slides, and just doesn't act right. I tried burninig at a slower speed (2X) and even resampled my slides to make them smaller. Still no help. Any suggestions would be great.\\ BTW, the show also works OK on my TV except some of the slides are cut short on the TV screen.

Frank

OK Jim, the chapters worked great. Thanks for the advice. But what's this "play all" button? Can't find it in my user guide anywhere or in the HELP menu. I've got a great DVD now, but after each chapter (I have 26 in all), the movie goes back to the main menu. How do I do this? <_<

Yes but Titles would be the better way because chapters start where you want but then play out till the end of the whole Title.

Think of a DVD Movie. If you select Chapter 12 of 22 what happens? Chapter 12 plays and keeps going.

But you can make 10 seperate VideoWave slideshows (day1 through day 10) then add them all to MyDVD as seperate Titles or Menus and have them return to the Main Menu upon completion.

You can also make a Play All button that will do just that!

Look through all of the Tips here to get some ideas.

Get some RW media to make tests with and reuse.

OK Jim, the chapters worked great. Thanks for the advice. But what's this "play all" button? Can't find it in my user guide anywhere or in the HELP menu. I've got a great DVD now, but after each chapter (I have 26 in all), the movie goes back to the main menu. How do I do this? <_<

Might Get ugly… :(

I usually add the Unlinked Button (Menu – Add New Unlinked Button) before I ever add anything to the project!

Here is an example of a late entry. Notice in the Project View (LL Corner)that the button is at the bottom of Page 1. That is also the order of things when you try to navigate with your remote on screen! They isn't any way to restructure them so prior planning goes a long way in designing your Menu…

post-39730-1235668770.jpg

So the proper course would be New Project – Add Unlinked Button – Add Titles and or Create Chapters.

I wait till last then rename the Unlinked Button, Play All and right click on that button and select Show Settings. Then in the dropdown under Link, select All movies in project (see the screen cap on the righ side).

Then pressing that button will Play All movies in the project

Did I read that right? Works everywhere but on one laptop???

Does your disc say Verbatim??? (listen closely, they speak very quietly :lol: )

Also a lap that is having reading trouble may not work right on battery. I would guess it is a combination of these things.

Your 'cut off' is probably due to TV oversample. Kari posted a solution pinned at the top.

Thanks Jim!! Maybe one day I'll learn to read between the lines and figure this stuff out. Meanwhile, glad there are guys out there like you to help me. Thanks again. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Might Get ugly… :(

I usually add the Unlinked Button (Menu – Add New Unlinked Button) before I ever add anything to the project!

Here is an example of a late entry. Notice in the Project View (LL Corner)that the button is at the bottom of Page 1. That is also the order of things when you try to navigate with your remote on screen! They isn't any way to restructure them so prior planning goes a long way in designing your Menu…

post-39730-1235668770.jpg

So the proper course would be New Project – Add Unlinked Button – Add Titles and or Create Chapters.

I wait till last then rename the Unlinked Button, Play All and right click on that button and select Show Settings. Then in the dropdown under Link, select All movies in project (see the screen cap on the righ side).

Then pressing that button will Play All movies in the project

Just purchased Roxio creator 2009. Before opening the box want to ensure it will do what I want. Will this program allow me to create chapters when making photo slide show? Example; I went to Alaska for 10 days. I want to break each day into a chapter so when I create a DVD to show on my TV, I can go right to chapter 5 (or day 5 for instance). Can I create a chapter menu at the beginning of my show? <_<<_<<_<

Yes but Titles would be the better way because chapters start where you want but then play out till the end of the whole Title.

Think of a DVD Movie. If you select Chapter 12 of 22 what happens? Chapter 12 plays and keeps going.

But you can make 10 seperate VideoWave slideshows (day1 through day 10) then add them all to MyDVD as seperate Titles or Menus and have them return to the Main Menu upon completion.

Thanks, Jim. Now I can feel safe to open the box and get started! :D

Thanks, Jim. Now I can feel safe to open the box and get started! :D

Crack that Seal and get started! :lol:

Don't let yourself get too frustrated before you drop back with questions.

Like I said, build some short but complex project and make notes as you go. People that jump in with 600 slides, 20 audio tracks are doomed to fail.

How long in time is the slide show? You may be able to add the whole video again if you have the space on the DVD. One hour for best quality and almost 2 hours for reduced quality.

At least you would not have to start from scratch with the chapters again.again

Did I read that right? Works everywhere but on one laptop???

Does your disc say Verbatim??? (listen closely, they speak very quietly :lol: )

Also a lap that is having reading trouble may not work right on battery. I would guess it is a combination of these things.

Your 'cut off' is probably due to TV oversample. Kari posted a solution pinned at the top.

No "verbatim". I'm using both "Office Depot" (whoever makes those?), and "Sony". Same problem with both. The laptop was plugged in at the time. Are we saying this is a laptop issue and not with the program? I'm kinda new to this stuff, could not find the solution posted by Kari.

Office Depot get their discs from the dumpster behind the disc factory :lol:

Sony's seem pretty good, but they have never made one yet! Lowest bidder.

Yes if a disc plays anywhere, but one place, the problem is that place… Unless you dropped a couple of thousand for your laptop, they are a poor choice for video work. But quality media is your best chance.

You really can't find Kari's pinned post at the top of this forum??? Look Here

Archived