Which Software?

Cubemaster

Question

:mellow: Hi, I am very new to all this and as a result, very confused!

Just about to purchase Easy VHS to DVD, including the USB video capture device. Now then, is there any additional software that I will need?

Do I need Roxio Creator 2009 to be already installed on my pc for example? The sales blurb says that if I had this installed, the Easy VHS to DVD would remove it from my system, so now i'm confused as to what I need and what I don't!

Please help, I just can't afford to make any mistakes when it comes to the finances, could be the difference between beans on toast and beans on toast including butter!

Your time is much appreciated.

5 answers to this question

:mellow: Hi, I am very new to all this and as a result, very confused!

Just about to purchase Easy VHS to DVD, including the USB video capture device. Now then, is there any additional software that I will need?

Do I need Roxio Creator 2009 to be already installed on my pc for example? The sales blurb says that if I had this installed, the Easy VHS to DVD would remove it from my system, so now i'm confused as to what I need and what I don't!

Please help, I just can't afford to make any mistakes when it comes to the finances, could be the difference between beans on toast and beans on toast including butter!

Your time is much appreciated.

no, it is not necessary to have Roxio Creator 9 installed, probably even better it isn't. Everything you need is in that box. I have used it and didn't have to buy anything else other than what is in that box. I do suggest one thing, however, connect your USB connect to the back port on your computer, not the front. I did that and was for some reason unable to get sound, so I suggest use a back port, not the front. Good Luck!

no, it is not necessary to have Roxio Creator 9 installed, probably even better it isn't. Everything you need is in that box. I have used it and didn't have to buy anything else other than what is in that box. I do suggest one thing, however, connect your USB connect to the back port on your computer, not the front. I did that and was for some reason unable to get sound, so I suggest use a back port, not the front. Good Luck!

Luisa1, there is no such program as Roxio Creator 9 - there is Roxio Creator 2009 and Easy Media Creator 9. The similarity in names is causing all kinds of confusion.

If you want to quote someone in your reply, click on the "reply" button.

I think you meant to say "Creator 2009", not "Creator 9". EMC v9 gets confused with v2009 when posted that way, and are two versions apart from each other.

BTW, if the OP already has C2009, it may not make sense to get the Easy VHS to DVD software also, since the two cannot be installed together on the pc.

That's why the questions have been asked, since a lot depends on just what the OP is wanting to use the software/hardware for.

Archived