• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Password protection

amzaun

Question

We are making video instructional clips and would like to password protect each clip so the student is required to pass the instructor's exam before proceeding to the next level. Is there a method to password protect individual videos to be placed on the same dvd?

3 answers to this question

We are making video instructional clips and would like to password protect each clip so the student is required to pass the instructor's exam before proceeding to the next level. Is there a method to password protect individual videos to be placed on the same dvd?

There may be better solutions but one I can think of is to make a password-protected archive of each clip. The password would need to be entered to uncompress/expand the archive so the video could be played. I know Stuffit Deluxe has this feature with its archives.

Similarly you could make an ecrypted disc image of each video using Toast and then burn the disc images together on a DVD using the Toast Data window rather than the copy window. Attempting to mount the image file would require the password for decryption.

There may be better solutions but one I can think of is to make a password-protected archive of each clip. The password would need to be entered to uncompress/expand the archive so the video could be played. I know Stuffit Deluxe has this feature with its archives.

Similarly you could make an ecrypted disc image of each video using Toast and then burn the disc images together on a DVD using the Toast Data window rather than the copy window. Attempting to mount the image file would require the password for decryption.

Just to be clear for the OP ... if I understand tsantee correctly, both of these solutions would require that the videos be watched on a computer. I don't think there is any way for Toast to build a DVD with a menu structure that would allow for the entry of passwords, for use on standard DVD players. Am I correct?

Just to be clear for the OP ... if I understand tsantee correctly, both of these solutions would require that the videos be watched on a computer. I don't think there is any way for Toast to build a DVD with a menu structure that would allow for the entry of passwords, for use on standard DVD players. Am I correct?

Correct.

Archived