Run Time Error

novice516

Question

I am working in Videowave to edit my slideshow. I want to use the Pan and Edit Feature. I am in the Storyline View. As soon as I select it, I get the runtime error, R6025, pure virtual function call, and then it shuts down. I was able to use this feature once before but I have had several instances where it just shuts down and I lose everything I have done. I downloaded Service Pack 3 and have done a complete uninstall/reinstall. Early after purchase I had difficulty, added more memory and downloaded an updated driver. Any help is appreciated. I have 1.49 GB ram, Microsoft XP with Service Pack 3. Also have Microsoft framework 3.5. Thanks

9 answers to this question

DirectX is here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

However, your graphics is definitely on the low end for any video work - you could try software rendering (Videowave, tools, options) but the only real cure would be a dedicated PCIe graphics card (unless tyou have a laptop in which case you're stuck)

DirectX is here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

However, your graphics is definitely on the low end for any video work - you could try software rendering (Videowave, tools, options) but the only real cure would be a dedicated PCIe graphics card (unless tyou have a laptop in which case you're stuck)

Thank you. I will start looking, any recommendations?

Any reasonable mid-range graphics card will do - you don't need a high end, toss pixels round like confetti one ;)

Just be sure to install the drivers from the maker's site (the ones included in the box could be quite a bit out of date by the time you get it)

Any reasonable mid-range graphics card will do - you don't need a high end, toss pixels round like confetti one ;)

Just be sure to install the drivers from the maker's site (the ones included in the box could be quite a bit out of date by the time you get it)

Hi, I purchased NVidia e-GeForce 7200 and it works great!! Thank you for your help in solving this, couldn't have been done without you!!

I am working in Videowave to edit my slideshow. I want to use the Pan and Edit Feature. I am in the Storyline View. As soon as I select it, I get the runtime error, R6025, pure virtual function call, and then it shuts down. I was able to use this feature once before but I have had several instances where it just shuts down and I lose everything I have done. I downloaded Service Pack 3 and have done a complete uninstall/reinstall. Early after purchase I had difficulty, added more memory and downloaded an updated driver. Any help is appreciated. I have 1.49 GB ram, Microsoft XP with Service Pack 3. Also have Microsoft framework 3.5. Thanks

You left out avery important system spec: your video card or graphics adaptor. Are you running the latest version of DirectX 9c?

You could try switching the render mode to software if currently set to hard ware. Look under Tools/Options and see which option is checked.

I really am a novice! Where can I find the specs on the video card/graphics. The software was already selected on the graphics under tools. I don't have a clue on the latest version of Direct X, where can I find that?. Thank you.

Archived