• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Preview Missing & Crash At Add Transition

KarenH

Question

I installed Creator 2009 Special Edition and am working with VideoWave and have 3 issues/questions. First, it is missing the preview buttons such as play, pause, rewind etc., in the middle of the screen that can be found in the Creator 2009 User Guide on Page 187 "Getting to Know VideoWave". Second, if I attempt to add transitions, it gives me the runtime error for videowave11.exe and I have to restart the program. Third, in the User Guide it shows the program as VideoWave 11 up at the top of the example screen; mine just says VideoWave.

However, if I am in VideoWave and go to Open Production and right-click on my video and select Preview, up comes a separate window with the buttons and so forth that I am missing in the VideoWave module. I can preview from there but can anyone tell me why I am missing these functions in the VideoWave itself? I have done a few clean installs. I'm not sure exactly what specs. you need to know but here goes: HP Compaq with Windows XP SP3, 2.5GB RAM, .NET Framework 3.5, latest version of DirectX 9.0c, and driver ati2dvag.dll. Thank you so much.

18 answers to this question

See Post #11 of this thread. ;)

*sigh* it didn't work. I printed and followed those instructions word for word, no luck. Well, I'm hoping myguggi has another suggestion as he pointed out what was wrong in a picture (not that you don't understand, but maybe he has an idea for me to try). I also tried going through MyDVD and when selecting Edit Movie that toolbar still does not show up. Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

*sigh* it didn't work. I printed and followed those instructions word for word, no luck. Well, I'm hoping myguggi has another suggestion as he pointed out what was wrong in a picture (not that you don't understand, but maybe he has an idea for me to try). I also tried going through MyDVD and when selecting Edit Movie that toolbar still does not show up. Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

I am all out of ideas but here is a link to a thread that had the same problem. For that poster the problem seemed to just clear up after he did a reboot although he may have done some other things since he never really told us all he did.

Did the preview controls ever work?

This is just a "shot in the dark", but what are your display settings for DPI? They should be set to the Normal 96 DPI setting.

It is indeed set at 96 dpi.

I am all out of ideas but here is a link to a thread that had the same problem. For that poster the problem seemed to just clear up after he did a reboot although he may have done some other things since he never really told us all he did.

Did the preview controls ever work?

No, they didn't.

I installed Creator 2009 Special Edition and am working with VideoWave and have 3 issues/questions. First, it is missing the preview buttons such as play, pause, rewind etc., in the middle of the screen that can be found in the Creator 2009 User Guide on Page 187 "Getting to Know VideoWave". Second, if I attempt to add transitions, it gives me the runtime error for videowave11.exe and I have to restart the program. Third, in the User Guide it shows the program as VideoWave 11 up at the top of the example screen; mine just says VideoWave.

However, if I am in VideoWave and go to Open Production and right-click on my video and select Preview, up comes a separate window with the buttons and so forth that I am missing in the VideoWave module. I can preview from there but can anyone tell me why I am missing these functions in the VideoWave itself? I have done a few clean installs. I'm not sure exactly what specs. you need to know but here goes: HP Compaq with Windows XP SP3, 2.5GB RAM, .NET Framework 3.5, latest version of DirectX 9.0c, and driver ati2dvag.dll. Thank you so much.

First, update the drivers for your video card. See if that makes a difference.

My IT guy did that for me two days ago. He said he updated everything he could on the computer.

Make sure VideoWave is closed. Then, go to the folder, where your VideoWave file (.dmsm) is located. You will see 2 files, associated with your production. One is the .dmsm file. Don't touch that one.

The other file is the associated .dat file. Delete it.

Now, open VideoWave, bring in your project again, and see if you have all of the buttons now.

Make sure VideoWave is closed. Then, go to the folder, where your VideoWave file (.dmsm) is located. You will see 2 files, associated with your production. One is the .dmsm file. Don't touch that one.

The other file is the associated .dat file. Delete it.

Now, open VideoWave, bring in your project again, and see if you have all of the buttons now.

Unfortunately that didn't work. I wish I could insert a picture of what it looks like (or doesn't look like) but Print Screen doesn't work here. I've read many posts trying to figure this out, does it have to do with rendering or Hardware Acceleration?

Unfortunately that didn't work. I wish I could insert a picture of what it looks like (or doesn't look like) but Print Screen doesn't work here. I've read many posts trying to figure this out, does it have to do with rendering or Hardware Acceleration?

You can try. Go to Tools/Options, and click in the circle to the left of Software, under Render With.

Is the whole tool bar missing, ie. the line is blank?

post-103-1234046893.jpg

Is that bar missing when you launch Videowave without adding any photos or video or does it disappear once you add photos?

It has never been there at all. I only knew it was missing because of the User Guide example. How did you post a picture in this reply box?

I tried the clean install at least 5 times.

There is another "version" of videowave you can access through myDVD.

Launch myDVD, add a movie or photo. Select the movie on the menu page and then click Edit Movie. This should open tyhe VideoWave editor - do you see the buttons preview buttons there?

What is your video card?

There is another "version" of videowave you can access through myDVD.

Launch myDVD, add a movie or photo. Select the movie on the menu page and then click Edit Movie. This should open tyhe VideoWave editor - do you see the buttons preview buttons there?

What is your video card?

No, I don't see the buttons when following those steps. The video card is ATI Radeon Graphics Processor, Memory Size = 256 MB, Adapter String = Radeon X1300/X1550 Series. I hope this is the info. you're looking for.

Archived